Question Teric battery ?s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sddiver44

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Everyone that had owned a Teric for a bit, how is the rechargeable battery? I will not wear it as a watch, just for diving. I’m on the fence between the Teric and perdix. I am leaning to the Teric but the non user replaceable battery is the only hang up for me. I don’t dive all the time, it is super seasonal for me. I’m worried about having to dig the Teric out and throw it on a charger when it’s not dive season or forgetting to do so ruining the battery.

I have it for a year with 200 dives. No problem so far.

When I don’t use it for a month or two, I just fully charged it, turn off the AI (pressure readout), compass and display and charge it again before I use it. My longest surface time between diving has been 2 months though. Teric seems to hold the charge just fine for 2 month storage.

I have it for a year with 200 dives. No problem so far.

When I don’t use it for a month or two, I just fully charged it, turn off the AI (pressure readout), compass and display and charge it again before I use it. My longest surface time between diving has been 2 months though. Teric seems to hold the charge just fine for 2 month storage.
What was the battery % after 2 months of storage? If you do a lot of diving, say a live aboard or something, how long would it last? Say 5 dives a day for a week, would you have to charge it on there sometime? If so how many times would you guess?

What was the battery % after 2 months of storage? If you do a lot of diving, say a live aboard or something, how long would it last? Say 5 dives a day for a week, would you have to charge it on there sometime? If so how many times would you guess?
On a trip with a lot of diving, I charge it every night, but it could probably go 2-3 days without charging.

My Teric is about 2 years old. The battery was fine for the first9 or 10 months, then took a nose dive (e.g. losing about 10% per day - yes, when turned off the whole time). The replacement battery was ok for about 9 months, then took the same nose dive as the first. The third battery is about 4 months old, and I haven't been diving (whah!) since it was replaced. I see right now that the battery is at 62% after 4 months (off the whole time). I think that's really good.

In my case, the battery crapping out happened on both occasions within a few weeks of being dived a lot. Maybe that's just coincidence, but I'll be holding my breath for battery #3 until it's done a bunch of diving.

There are lots and lots of posts on SB about the Teric battery, just search "Teric Battery", including a poll. My second battery was replaced after the supposed bad batch of batteries was taken care of, and it died as quickly as the first, so for me the jury is still out.

I have a strong preference for the watch form factor over the wrist-brick, otherwise I'd prefer the Perdix AI hands down.

My Teric is about 2 years old. The battery was fine for the first9 or 10 months, then took a nose dive (e.g. losing about 10% per day - yes, when turned off the whole time). The replacement battery was ok for about 9 months, then took the same nose dive as the first. The third battery is about 4 months old, and I haven't been diving (whah!) since it was replaced. I see right now that the battery is at 62% after 4 months (off the whole time). I think that's really good.

In my case, the battery crapping out happened on both occasions within a few weeks of being dived a lot. Maybe that's just coincidence, but I'll be holding my breath for battery #3 until it's done a bunch of diving.

There are lots and lots of posts on SB about the Teric battery, just search "Teric Battery", including a poll. My second battery was replaced after the supposed bad batch of batteries was taken care of, and it died as quickly as the first, so for me the jury is still out.

I have a strong preference for the watch form factor over the wrist-brick, otherwise I'd prefer the Perdix AI hands down.
If the battery does go bad did shearwater cover the cost to repair? I’m assuming probably only for the term of the 2 year warranty?

I have a strong preference for the watch form factor over the wrist-brick, otherwise I'd prefer the Perdix AI hands down

I’m reading through the poll post now, some good info in there, curious if you use the charger that came with the Teric or a different one?

I’m reading through the poll post now, some good info in there, curious if you use the charger that came with the Teric or a different one?
When I’m on liveaboard, I carry the wireless charger pad for charging my iPhone and my Teric. Killing 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Before going to bed, I just lay my Teric on the pad to charge it overnight. While diving, I lay my iPhone on that same pad.

If the battery does go bad did shearwater cover the cost to repair? I’m assuming probably only for the term of the 2 year warranty?
Yes, but you have to pay to ship to them; they only cover return shipping, and I haven't heard of an LDS that would do the shipping for you (i.e. the LDS you bought it from).

As for coverage beyond 2 years, I don't know but suspect that Shearwater may consider to replace batteries that die suddenly beyond that time since the Teric battery issue has damaged their stellar reputation for product quality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom