tell me what is this that happened to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"He's got hydrogen narcosis - CRAZY EYE!!" remember which movie that quote is from? :D

OK joking aside, I agree 100% with what everyone says above. Get yourself to a doc asap (preferably one who is familiar with diving). I believe the DAN Phlippines line is (02) 632 1077

And afterwards, slap your buddy on the back of the head for being such a bonehead.

my money is on a panic attack. my advice is the same as everyone else's. ....ummmm, forgot to add, "you land loving, deck-swabbing matey". How'd I do?

I experienced something like this but not complete black out. Just streaks/waves of black whatever, but as i started to ascend, it slowly vanished also. After surfing some websites, i figured it was just a bad case of Narc or Mask squeeze.

Pls post what your Drs findings are, I may be able to learn somethings. Thanks

...but at least my buddy agreed to go up. Yeah, find a new buddy, anyway there are lots here in PPD. :)

DAN, diving Doc, dunk your buddy's head and flush... in that order... He could have gotten you killed...

I would like more details on this.

How many dives have you got Ras, what type, what were the conditions on the day, what exposure suit were you wearing (Carotid sinus???), rented tank/own tank? reliable air source doctors findings, previous medical history that could have contributed?

Etc etc etc.

Not being nosey, but it sounds like you had a close call and got the bejeezus scared out of you. More info will help figure out what happened, how to avoid it in the future and how others can aviod it too.

Thanks for posting.

In fairness to the buddy... i was able to talk to rasta's buddy (as he is a good friend of mine) and told he me that he was trying to calm rasta & not that he did not want let go of rasta. He slowly and safely ascended and later surfaced to check on Rasta. He was aware that a sudden ascent could hurt more than the narcosis that he noticed on rasta. The buddy was greatly surprised when rasta started pulling on his primary reg & tried to assess the situation. He was well aware that they were at 90 feet (and in mainit point at that) and he knows that they could not surface quickly just like rasta was trying to signal.

I would also suggest that you go see a doctor first before taking on the next dive.

did this happen during the clean-up?

Ras - from the looks of it, you did Mainit without having the experience to do such deep dives. Bahura and Mainit are two of the nastiest dive sites in Anilao in terms of raging down currents are always the fare. Divers get spooked in there, I was when I first dove it with only 25 dives to my belt. Keep your wits, remember your training and you'll be ok.

They have a DM. In fact there were more DMs on that dive as they all wanted to catch a glimpse of the rumored mantas in Mainit. Would have wanted to join them in the boat, but I had to be assigned with another group. They did not see the rays. Jigo's group spotted the Japanese Devil Rays later that day on the same dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom