tell me what is this that happened to me

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

could be from other factors, lack of sleep, tired, cold, hungry.. I remember there was a party the night before..

clgsamson:
tsk tsk....Mike?
you saw it! face plant at the Point....

Axua:
could be from other factors, lack of sleep, tired, cold, hungry.. I remember there was a party the night before..

yes, i think lack of sleep was one thing rasta had.

...now where is he anyway? :huh:

jonix:
oi! off topic!

shooter induced :D

well, there was a party the night before. people were drinking & we all know that alcohol is a factor that could affect diving.

but i'm pretty sure that rastarigo did not take any alcohol during the party.

A DAN doctor or someone with dive medicine knowledge would be the best chance of getting sound medical advice. I don't think most physicians could sort this out though. Maybe a doctor who is a diver...like the few around here.

I am starting to think narcosis is the euphoria and that CO2 is a likely cause of these dark "impending doom" states. The CO2 source would not need to be an external contaminant though. What was your breathing rate, are you aware?

Another thing that I have experienced is a period of vertigo following a rapid descent. I became very dizzy and things began to get dark. I discreetly asked a few DM/Instructor types, who admitted to certain periods of having this and they claimed that when the ears do not equalize equally bilaterally, this can happen. I think that makes sense and it seems to go in phases. I have not ever had it happen since...

boljakool:
alcohol induced? :D

A single Body Shot... seriously, I DIDN'T KNOW....:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom