Tell me what i just bought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

racerx_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
just bought a bag of dive stuff from a dude for 50bucks (about $40 u.s. dollars)

there were a couple of crazy old BC's, some junk, a massive dive knife (think Rambo), a light, and these regs.. anyone know anything about these?

they look pretty nasty. humidity out here is making the hoses all gummy so i guess gotta change those and service it if i want to use it.

IMAG0597.jpgIMAG0591.jpgIMAG0593.jpgIMAG0595.jpgIMAG0596.jpg

It is an old Spirotechnique reg that was made in France probably in the 70s maybe early 80s. The US Divers SPG / Depth gauge are about the same age. Both fall under AquaLung at this point.

I think I might have a first stage service kit if you are interested. I would have to check to see what models it fits but it would be pretty cheap Regards Scott

Your picks are not clear as to the first stage fitted att. foto which might help, plus catalogue out takes PRO   2.jpgPRO (2).jpgPRO 1ST STAGE.jpgPRO--PRO R.jpg

So worth keeping? Never serviced a reg before but I guess I could make this a bit of a side project. The Apeks second stage is old so according to them not nitrox compatible, but I think that might just be nonsense. As for the Spiro second, would an aqualung service kit work on it? Like whatever works for the conshelf series? And what tools do I need to get started?

Dsenloe- I'd be interested in that.. pm me

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

It is nonsense, the reg should be fine for using commercial nitrox mixes. It may need a special kit for straight oxygen use.

Thanks. So is this stuff serviceable?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

Dunno about the Spirotechnique stuff, but the Apeks T40 uses the same service kit as every other Apeks second stage, the diaphragm isn't included in the kit but it's the same as the TX range. There's no reason not to use it once serviced, and it will be fine with nitrox mixes up to 40%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom