techdivinglimited tank deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jham2081

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm having a hard time trying to find a reason not to pick up a LP95 from these guys. It would be my first tank purchase. It just seems like an amazing price. Are Hydros/VIPs super expensive and would negate the value of a hobby 10-15 dives a year diver?

Annual VIPs here are $15 and every fifth year hydros are $35. I've got four tanks so it does add up, but I try to space my tanks out re: hydros. Of course I do 250-350 dives a year so renting tanks would be MUCH more expensive.

jham2081:
I'm having a hard time trying to find a reason not to pick up a LP95 from these guys. It would be my first tank purchase. It just seems like an amazing price. Are Hydros/VIPs super expensive and would negate the value of a hobby 10-15 dives a year diver?
I have done business with Joel many times in the past, he is top notch.

The best way to find out what the yearly costs of owning a tank in your area will be is to call your favorite local shop and ask what the rental price of an already filled tank is and compare it to the cost of getting your own tank filled. You would also want to ask how much an annual "Visual Inspection" costs on a steel tank, I say steel tank because it might cost less than an aluminum tank. Once every 5 years the tank will need a "hydro", this is a far more rigorous inspection and will cost more than the yearly inspection. If you dive NITROX you might need to keep the tank "O2 clean" for "Oxygen service" this will add to the cost of the yearly inspection but will only be a factor if you are using NITROX.

Oh, and if you buy one tank consider the added costs of another tank because you might need two tanks for two dives, if there is not a compressor at your dive site or on the boat. Getting the tanks filled is not usually a problem if the shop is convienient, just drop them off and a day or two later at your convienience drop buy and pick them up. The same number of trips to the dive shop as renting unless you rent a tank at the dive site.

Mark Vlahos

drbill:
Annual VIPs here are $15 and every fifth year hydros are $35. I've got four tanks so it does add up, but I try to space my tanks out re: hydros. Of course I do 250-350 dives a year so renting tanks would be MUCH more expensive.

I take my tanks directly to the gas supplier that does the hydros..........only $15. A bit better than the 100%+ mark-up at the LDS.

Actually I take mine directly to the outfit that does the hydros in-house. This is California, so everything is inflated (including 86.4% of the breasts you see on blondes here).

I shied away from tank purchase for a while, but now that I got a couple, it really is convenient to not have to pick em up, drop em off. You try to keep them full and you can dive any time because you have everything you need.

I don't know what that convenience is worth to you, but where I am, it's worth a lot.

Gregg

drbill:
This is California, so everything is inflated (including 86.4% of the breasts you see on blondes here).

California, home of "The best bodies money can buy."

Mark Vlahos

jham2081:

Greetings,

Yeah it's a killer deal. And hundreds of divers have taken advantage of it. What happens when you own your own tanks is you have FREEDOM to dive when you want with what you want. You won't be limited to nasty rental tanks with cruddy valves and partial fills. You will also find that getting air fills becomes a social activity and you will meet more people and as a result go diving more often.

Think of it like this. Would you have a car without tires ? Having dive equipment without a tank is like a car with no tires .... you can dress up but can't go anywhere.

<nice analogy huh? >

Anyway..... we sell more tank to more divers than anyone. Let us take care of you too!

We still have some of the 95s available. And, like Mark said..... get two.

Cheers

well geeze, should have known you all wouldn't help me think of reasons not to do it... looks like I'll be checking prices on VIPs/Hydros and then more than likely placing an order... still have some thinking to do on getting 2 instead of one though.

With your own tanks, those 10-15 dives a year will multiply and it will be worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom