techdivinglimited tank deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivesWithTurtle:
That would be 4 cylinders. Very high pressure. Are you sure that you can provide adequate fills?

Just make sure that the burst disks are in good shape, you really wouldn't want one of them to just let go!

Mark Vlahos:
Just make sure that the burst disks are in good shape, you really wouldn't want one of them to just let go!

Mark is sounds like you are not getting enough of something here and I think you need a nice cold dive :D

Cheers

I ordered my two LP 95's from Joel on Saturday and received them today. They're under the xmas tree, out of the box, with red bows on them. everytime I walk by I have to stop and look at them, what a sight. Thanks Joel.

PS: any advice on installing the valves or should I just let the LDS take care of it?

Coqui Diver:
I ordered my two LP 95's from Joel on Saturday and received them today. They're under the xmas tree, out of the box, with red bows on them. evrytime I walk by I have to stop and look at them, what a sight. Thanks Joel.
it?

I'm jealous. I also ordered saturday, but I'm still anxiously awaiting their arrival :) I'm not upset or anything, just looking forward to it.

Coqui Diver:
PS: any advice on installing the valves or should I just let the LDS take care of it?

Good question... any takers?

I e-mailed Joel from TDL asking for advise on installing the valves on the tanks and this was his reply:

Installing the valve is a cinch -- put the snorkel tube on the valve
base and tighten up with a pair of pliers -- dont score it so hold it tight --

put some oxygen compatible lube on the threads -- just a little and
put valve on hand tight -- that's it.

Coqui Diver:
I e-mailed Joel from TDL asking for advise on installing the valves on the tanks and this was his reply:

Installing the valve is a cinch -- put the snorkel tube on the valve
base and tighten up with a pair of pliers -- dont score it so hold it tight --

put some oxygen compatible lube on the threads -- just a little and
put valve on hand tight -- that's it.

Did the tank come with a VIP? If not, have the LDS do it and install the valve at the same time.

I know, I know, new tanks don't really need a VIP, but they do have to have a sticker, don't they?

jham2081:
I'm having a hard time trying to find a reason not to pick up a LP95 from these guys. It would be my first tank purchase. It just seems like an amazing price. Are Hydros/VIPs super expensive and would negate the value of a hobby 10-15 dives a year diver?

FWIW, I've been very happy with my Worthington LP 108's that I purchased over the summer. Great bouyancy characteristics, and the length is just right to help us tall skinny guys trim out. Sort of makes me resent my AL 80's. I just wish I saw tech diving's prices then. Good deals.

Regardless, you gotta have your own tanks, IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom