techdivinglimited tank deal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
...so everything is inflated (including 86.4% of the breasts you see on blondes here).

... is that a bad thing? :D

Having your own tank is nice. There are responsibilities that go along with ownership (hydros, care, visuals, etc.). However, I think in the long run it is worth it...

Joel seems like a nice guy too...

jham2081:
once a 95 loses its +, how many cuft does it hold?
95 IIRC

Edit...but I might of recalled wrong. Doing a bit of searching some people say the 95ft3 is based on the + rating... so that leaves us with 86.4cu.ft after you forget to certify it for the +

get the tanks..........you won't find a better deal than Joel is offering and you will be glad you did.

jham2081:
once a 95 loses its +, how many cuft does it hold?

Most manufacturers now put the REE number on the tank so that the lazy hydro guys don't have to figure it it on their fingers-that is the reaseon why most tanks lost the plus rating at hydro.

jham2081:
well geeze, should have known you all wouldn't help me think of reasons not to do it... looks like I'll be checking prices on VIPs/Hydros and then more than likely placing an order... still have some thinking to do on getting 2 instead of one though.

Just giving you the whole picture.

Hydro is every 5 and you payback the VIP in 2-3 rentals. Peanuts in light of the whole scuba investment.

As said owning is the way to go if you have any aspirations of being an active local diver.

If you stagger them it may help with budgeting if that's a concern. Buy separately or just bring 1 in early or let on go inactive for a month or 2.

Pete

jham2081:
I'm having a hard time trying to find a reason not to pick up a LP95 from these guys. It would be my first tank purchase. It just seems like an amazing price. Are Hydros/VIPs super expensive and would negate the value of a hobby 10-15 dives a year diver?

the LP95's are a good deal on the tanks.... you prob won't find them this
cheap elsewhere.

Like everyone else said, owning your own tanks makes diving so much
easier even if it isn't cost productive for most divers.

but just FYI. These are 2004 hydro/manufactur tanks. Seeing how
2006 is only 'days' away and that most folks don't dive much in the
winter anyway, especialy in Ohio where you live, you pretty much
need to consider them being 2 years 'into hydro service date' when
you buy them. So expect to have to hydro them in just 3 more years.
not a big deal, but just an FYI so you don't get them and expect
not to have to hdyro them for 5 years exactly from the date you
bought them. That's most likely the reason they are on sale
for such a good price. But regardless, it's still a good deal.

drbill:
Actually I take mine directly to the outfit that does the hydros in-house. This is California, so everything is inflated (including 86.4% of the breasts you see on blondes here).

I'll take 2 of the blondes:07:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom