Tech / Deep Diving at Mansfield Dam - 22-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys -

Heading down with a buddy to do some training in Lake Travis this weekend to do some tech/deep dives - prolly in the 120-140 range. We'll be using doubles and 100% o2 for deco stage bottles. Need to get those dives in so I can take Ext. Range and Trimix this summer!

Anyone in?

D.

Say hello to the Sirens down there for me OK :14:

ianr33:
Why do you want to do Extended Range if you are going to take Trimix?

I may be wrong but I think TDI combines extended range and entry level trimix?

Rick and I will probably be down there doing much the same thing. Btw, might want run some plans using EAN50, it will probably get you out of the water faster.

fixervi6:
I may be wrong but I think TDI combines extended range and entry level trimix?.

I think that they are separate courses.

http://www.tdisdi.com/tdi/courses/courses.html

As I have no intention of breathing air at 180 in Travis I will pass on the extended range. (and even if I did,I dont see the need for another course to allow me another 30 feet beyond the 150 of advanced nitrox/deco.)

Actually my deepest dive in Travis was 149. Honest!!

I know the TDI manual I have looked at contained both Extd. Range and Trimix. Adv. Trimix was a seperate manual.

I took care of it, Alan... :D

Yes, I believe that they (TDI) usually combine ext range with trimix. I have no intention or desire to use air past 130 – 140 – that’s why I want to learn how to use trimix safely.

Any truth to the viz being bad at Mansfield below 100’ lately? When I did my deco class there last summer, the viz was really great below 60 feet or so - could really see the beer cans…

It's my understanding that you need to log at least 25 dives past 100' to take the extended range / trimix step - so I need to get some deeper dives in, not to mention practice dive planning, stage bottle use, valve shutdown drills, shooting a lift bag, etc.

loosebits - yeah - I was planning on slinging a pretty rich mix to cut the deco time down…are you going to be down there for fun? Class?

D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom