Tears in my Force Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please let me be clear. I have used a special formulation RB-95. Dr. Stone from Uniroyal Chemical developed it for me in the early 1980s. This hand-cast poly urethane is chemical resistant. So not glue or any other crazy idea to fix this problem. Currently, most Force Fin sales are heel strap replacements from 20-plus-year-old Force Fins. We have sold millions and occasionally have some customers who seem to have a splitting problem. If this happens within one year we will replace it. So Susanne and I do our best to keep all our wonderful customers happy.
200407-3-bonaire-018.jpg

We have sold millions and occasionally have some customers who seem to have a splitting problem. If this happens within one year we will replace it.

So you've had other customers who have had multiple splits at the same place? Is the split always/often at this spot? I understand that it's rare, but I'm surprised you haven't tracked down the factors that lead to this result.

So you've had other customers who have had multiple splits at the same place? Is the split always/often at this spot? I understand that it's rare, but I'm surprised you haven't tracked down the factors that lead to this result.
Yes, I have an answer. I ran a poly urethane plant in Hermosa Beach for two years. There can be several factors that lead to this spot splitting, First, my Force Fin design will never be exactly copied. They would have to use this very very expensive material and would not make any money. I know. You are mixing several chemicals at high pressure. The ratio is very important. Plus or minus with temperature controls. Then you have staff who sometimes are not up to the day on Monday mornings. Then you have to test your system for moisture and contamination, Etc. So the bottom line is a balancing act, I have made thousands of Force Fins right. Our Plant in Pennsylvania is ISO14001:2015 and IATF 16949-2016 certified facility, established in 1959. They sure do a better job than I did in 1982. I don't need to be rude, but have some pressing projects and hopefully, this thread will die down, Times are not easy at Force Fins right now. Look at Lung -Lung.
2005dallas-013.jpg

Yes, I have an answer. I ran a poly urethane plant in Hermosa Beach for two years. There can be several factors that lead to this spot splitting, First, my Force Fin design will never be exactly copied. They would have to use this very very expensive material and would not make any money. I know. You are mixing several chemicals at high pressure. The ratio is very important. Plus or minus with temperature controls. Then you have staff who sometimes are not up to the day on Monday mornings. Then you have to test your system for moisture and contamination, Etc. So the bottom line is a balancing act, I have made thousands of Force Fins right. Our Plant in Pennsylvania is ISO14001:2015 and IATF 16949-2016 certified facility, established in 1959. They sure do a better job than I did in 1982. I don't need to be rude, but have some pressing projects and hopefully, this thread will die down, Times are not easy at Force Fins right now. Look at Lung -Lung. View attachment 854257
Do you mean to imply that this was a manufacturing problem due to the complexity of production?

No he means the customer should have had the fortitude to contact Force Fin and been as open as he

A suggestion of what not to do, on a par with this

Hi Bob,

Mahalo for reaching out. To be honest, my emails, etc. not always answered.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom