Taxi Mafia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What if they cut you off in traffic, forced you into a taxi AND fired up a fat cigar, filling the cab with smoke on the way to your hotel?
The taxis obviously weren't transporting the bus passengers for free. They took passengers who had already paid for transportation and forced them to take taxis at an additional cost. That's plain extortion. Sure, the passengers could have walked, but would you want to walk in a country where the taxi mafia already shut down your bus using physical means?

What did you do? Sleep late and miss the bus?

Taxi translated

Original in Spanish:
I missed it somehow. I went back over the last 100+ posts searching for bus but I guess that word was not in the previous post.

Sounds like the taxi union has a tight monopoly: "In the past there have been such problems on the grounds that the union is the only one authorized to perform the movement of tourists within the city." So tourists are not supposed to be on the city town buses either...?

But instead of legal actions, they take physical action...!!

Oh I saw this, but didn't notice enough reason to click the link...
I think it saw the horse twitch....

Taxi translated

Original in Spanish:

Interesting, I thought.

Back
Top Bottom