Taxi From Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any time you take a cab in CZM, ask the fare to your specific destination *before* you get in. And if you find an honest one, get a cell #. It’s like having a private limo to the marina at your disposal every morning.
Sorry but nope.
The taxi rate info is readily available and unless folks are doing major trips to Northern or Southern hotels the rates are very easy to look up on a grid. These rates were set in 2016 and I personally think they are too low due to inflation.
The official rate in town from point to point is about $30, (about $1.5 USD) honestly this is to low especially with the $hitty gas Pemex pedals.
In town just get in and tell them the destination. I usually hand them $50 at the destination , which is 66% over rate and fair.
If the Taxista gets upset tell him / her to pound sand and if they don't like it call a cop.

Sorry but nope.
The taxi rate info is readily available and unless folks are doing major trips to Northern or Southern hotels the rates are very easy to look up on a grid. These rates were set in 2016 and I personally think they are too low due to inflation.
The official rate in town from point to point is about $30, (about $1.5 USD) honestly this is to low especially with the $hitty gas Pemex pedals.
In town just get in and tell them the destination. I usually hand them $50 at the destination , which is 66% over rate and fair.
If the Taxista gets upset tell him / her to pound sand and if they don't like it call a cop.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!!!

Don't get me wrong - I'm a generous tipper. But there are a few tricky taxistas out there who will take advantage of the uninitiated. Best to agree on a fare before departing, check the rate card if necessary, and then be generous at the end of the ride.

When you ask the fare before had you just left the rate card behind and opened a negotiation.

When you ask the fare before had you just left the rate card behind and opened a negotiation.

Interesting take. I've traveled in Mexico many times. I'm bilingual in Spanish and married to a native. The intent in respectfully asking the fare is to confirm the expected rate up front, not to negotiate. It prevents any surprises, hurt feelings or unfortunate disagreements at the end of the ride.

Interesting take. I've traveled in Mexico many times. I'm bilingual in Spanish and married to a native. The intent in respectfully asking the fare is to confirm the expected rate up front, not to negotiate. It prevents any surprises, hurt feelings or unfortunate disagreements at the end of the ride.
Agreed. The fares are set by the union; the only negotiation that happens when you ask for the rate up front is whether or not the driver will charge you the official fare. When I know what the fare is, though, I just hand it to the driver when I get out of the cab.

Agreed. The fares are set by the union; the only negotiation that happens when you ask for the rate up front is whether or not the driver will charge you the official fare. When I know what the fare is, though, I just hand it to the driver when I get out of the cab.
Yes. And remember, unless you are just headed out to dinner, your scuba rig and/or luggage is locked in the trunk. Best to keep it nice and friendly.

Yes. And remember, unless you are just headed out to dinner, your scuba rig and/or luggage is locked in the trunk. Best to keep it nice and friendly.
Or come to agreement before loading.

I've never had to pay before getting my bags from the trunk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom