Taxi Fare ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Christi, it would be great if you could mark some of the more popular Hotels and Restaurants on the map before posting. For me at least, these would help locate taxi zones much easier than street names.

I have already prepared my chart with rates to each hotel from town and the airport :) I am just waiting for the fares so I can fill them in and post :)

Do fares TO the airport have surcharges? Last trip we talked to some people who were told that the fare to the airport was $15 (from Coral Princess, just off Airport Road?!) I don't remember there being a different fare to the airport....

Do fares TO the airport have surcharges? Last trip we talked to some people who were told that the fare to the airport was $15 (from Coral Princess, just off Airport Road?!) I don't remember there being a different fare to the airport....
They can charge extra for bags.

And now that I have that info, what about the taxi fare to El Cid from the plaza area...my guess it is around 70 or 80 peso ?

Thanks !

El Cid is across from Park Royal right? It was 80 pesos to/from the plaza when we stayed at Casa del mar two weeks ago.

There is no fee for bags Don!

There is no fee for bags Don!
Ok. There has been, but maybe no more. Thanks.

Would you have a guess as to why they were charged so much...?
Ok, that is third hand info I guess, maybe a misunderstanding along the way...??

Looking forward to the rate info when you can post it. That will be great.

Last edited:
I haven't forgotten! I am still waiting on the new rates from the taxi office! I just called and left them a friendly reminder that I am still waiting for the promised fares.

$15 from Coral Princess to the airport sounds WAY high! That is more the fare from Fiesta Americana to the airport or Sabor to the airport

Fares to the airport seemed to be very high just a few years ago.

Don't get me started on the taxi mafia and their OUTRAGEOUS fares.....

If I were a taxi driver, I'd charge DandyDon for his overweight bags!

But more seriously, how strict is the compliance with the rate chart? Most tourists aren't in a position to know the posted rates and would be unlikely to argue with a cabbie quoting a higher rate. If a cabbie quoted a fare of $15 to the airport, that's probably what he'd get paid. BTW, that's what I paid from the Occidental Grand last April, bags and all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom