New taxi problems on the horizon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what I hear, locals are very happy with the zillions of moto taxis since they will actually pick them up and take them for a reasonable fee. All of which the taxi drivers brought onto themselves.

Pardon my ignorance but what is a moto taxi?

It's like a motorcycle-rickshaw. Motorcycle mechanicals under a car-like shell -- 2 wheels and bench seat in back. Example:
Moto Taxi.jpg

Here's an actual one in CZM:

From what I hear, locals are very happy with the zillions of moto taxis since they will actually pick them up and take them for a reasonable fee. All of which the taxi drivers brought onto themselves.

My wife uses them all the time to haul cases of pop home. They unload and carry into the house too. Great service that isnt received from taxis....

My wife uses them all the time to haul cases of pop home. They unload and carry into the house too. Great service that isnt received from taxis....
Maybe it's your approach:wink:
We've had lots of taxi drivers help us unload groceries and carry them to the elevator.
We've also had them tell us that the fare was $75 from Mega to 1st & 15th, and tell us that the fare from same to the airport was $200.

Maybe it's your approach:wink:
We've had lots of taxi drivers help us unload groceries and carry them to the elevator.
We've also had them tell us that the fare was $75 from Mega to 1st & 15th, and tell us that the fare from same to the airport was $200.
My wife is Mexican so its a different attitude because they know they dont get away with the over paying. I dont use taxis personally. Have enough vehicles at my disposal.

Back
Top Bottom