Taxi Fare Increase is now official :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
How would you like support yourself and family on what a Cozumel taxi driver makes? Bet you'd be doing a lot of international traveling and diving, huh?

LOL.

Starts with a L, ends with a S, gotta love em.

Oh those poor, poor taxi drivers... where do we send our donations?

How much does a Cozumel taxi driver make?

No idea, but would venture a guess that their buying power is less than yours or mine. Ya think?

LOL.

Starts with a L, ends with a S, gotta love em.

Oh those poor, poor taxi drivers... where do we send our donations?

Why are you being so confrontational ---- and arrogant?

I thought confrontational and arrogant describes somebody throwing a financial guilt trip on somebody for voicing his opinion as Brules did.

I just want to make sure I have my list in order of every person's occupation in Cozumel who I'm supposed to feel sorry for. I didn't have the taxi drivers on my list, I had all the dive masters listed, the waiters, the street vendors, the girls who hand you the tongs at Mega to pick out pastries, the gas station pumpers, the guys who guide your car where to park at Chedraui and of course the time share hawkers, now I will add the taxi drivers, the list is getting pretty long. I thought we all had our struggles making a living, who the heck is feeling sorry for me? I think if people feel so bad for the taxi drivers, just double the fare whenever you ride and tell them to keep the change.

Well Don, We've had benefits here for divers who were injured/ killed diving Coz, we didn't give up diving.
Yeah, I think about all the times I have been hit by other drivers - and how I would have come out if I had been on a bike. Bike lanes would be great, but we know that won't happen, so I like to keep at least a ton of metal around me when on the road.

Yeah, I think about all the times I have been hit by other drivers - and how I would have come out if I had been on a bike. Bike lanes would be great, but we know that won't happen, so I like to keep at least a ton of metal around me when on the road.

Actually, yo're wrong. The highway is being re-paved all the way around the island and is very, very close to being finished all the way around the other side. Once this is complete, the old road is to become a dedicated cycling path!

---------- Post Merged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I thought confrontational and arrogant describes somebody throwing a financial guilt trip on somebody for voicing his opinion as Brules did.

I just want to make sure I have my list in order of every person's occupation in Cozumel who I'm supposed to feel sorry for. I didn't have the taxi drivers on my list, I had all the dive masters listed, the waiters, the street vendors, the girls who hand you the tongs at Mega to pick out pastries, the gas station pumpers, the guys who guide your car where to park at Chedraui and of course the time share hawkers, now I will add the taxi drivers, the list is getting pretty long. I thought we all had our struggles making a living, who the heck is feeling sorry for me? I think if people feel so bad for the taxi drivers, just double the fare whenever you ride and tell them to keep the change.

Mike - I've met you in person and think you're a really nice guy - I've defended you to people that say what a jerk you are - please don't prove me wrong. No one is saying you have to feel sorry for people and how hard they work to earn their living - but you don't have to be a jerk to/about them either. A little courtesy and respect is all anyone is asking for.

Actually, yo're wrong. The highway is being re-paved all the way around the island and is very, very close to being finished all the way around the other side. Once this is complete, the old road is to become a dedicated cycling path!
That's neat in a way, until the potholes start appearing. Won't help in town.

No idea, but would venture a guess that their buying power is less than yours or mine. Ya think?

At one time a taxi job in Cozumel was supposed to be a ticket to a solid middle class life, I hear. I don't know what they make now a days, hence I don't speculate. How it compares to yours or mine doesn't seem to matter; how it fits in their society is what matters, I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom