Tanks identification & Buoyancy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pi_

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

:lurk:

I have recently moved and my non-holiday diving will now be in fresh water as opposed to literally every single dive I ever dove. New fauna yay!

I went and bought my very first tanks: dual Steel 12L. Thus far I had been using whatever the diveshops or liveaboards were carrying.

In order to try and guess-timate how much weight I might need in this new configuration I stumbled upon this very nice table of tanks and their full/empty buoyancies. Problem is, I have no clue what my tanks are or if they even are in the table. I'm also completely unfamiliar with the shorthand names people use to discuss tanks such as "HP100" or "AL80".

The tanks have the following stamps, which for the most part I know how to read, but I wouldn't be able to tell they are Steel from these stampings if I weren't the one that bought them.

BREATHING APPARATUS
TS-50/+65°C DIR ZONE
GRUPPE 1 / GROUP 1

M25 D ecs IDG049/IDG029 UT
PS230 PT348BAR 14.7KG 12L 4.0MM
CE 0090 (TU15) 2021/06

They look exactly like these and the closest ones I found would be these (but the weight doesn't match).

What I'm basically asking is, how should I refer to these tanks with fellow divers so they understand me? Are they on the table I linked?

Thank you

Perhaps you call them 12/230?

Everybody will know (?) they are 12 litre 230 bar steel cylinders then.
Made by Eurocylinder (ECS), not by Faber.

If someone asks, you tell they weigh 14.7 kg empty on dry land.

I stumbled upon this very nice table of tanks and their full/empty buoyancies. ...

The table reads, "Copyright 1999, 2004 and 2010 Huron Scuba, Snorkel and Adventure Travel, Inc." So, it is a bit dated.

My cylinders are in the table, but I haven't purchased new cylinders since ca. 2000.

rx7diver

Back
Top Bottom