Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Re: booking .... If I read this and previous posts correctly, we (the group) are not currently booked with Loggerhead but III is going to do the group booking .... and we well all individually pay cash (no plastic) when we arrive at the boat ..... is that correct?

You are fine doing that, if you that is what you prefer.

As for the rest of us, when you come AS A GROUP receiving a discount, captains typically like one person to be in charge of the money (essentially you get the headache since they are discounting you). So whatever the price is, I'll be giving my money to III, with the exception of tip which I will put in jar.

Great question!! :D I only have two tanks, so I would need to get them filled for the night dive and then for the two tank boat dive.

Yup.... me too ... assuming 2 for day beach, 1 for night beach, and 2 for morning boat. A few trips for air :D

Loggerhead website says there is an air refill station but no details of how much $ or when it's open for fills. That may work for boat trip but still need air for night dive unless we do 1 tank day beach and 1 tank night beach.

Bruce

You are fine doing that, if you that is what you prefer.

As for the rest of us, when you come AS A GROUP receiving a discount, captains typically like one person to be in charge of the money (essentially you get the headache since they are discounting you). So whatever the price is, I'll be giving my money to III, with the exception of tip which I will put in jar.

I didn't state that very well ... what I meant was, Loggerhead is expecting payment at the boat, in cash, on the day of the dive. Whether we give III the money on Friday or Saturday morning and he hands it to the Captain is not an issue for me. I'm just clarifying because Loggerhead has no calendar reservation/payment system and isn't expecting prepayment.

Bruce

Some local information:

Fill Express For tank fills.

Greater Fort Lauderdale Beach Cam Ft Lauderdale beach cam.

Boynton Inlet Boynton Beach inlet cam.

Intellicast - 1Km Radar Loop in Miami, Florida (33188) Local radar.

http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/coastal/am/amz650.txt Local marine forecast.

Please make sure that you bring along enough dive flags/floats for your beach dives. And, if you're hunting, your license needs to be with you on the water, not locked in your vehicle. I'd recommend one of those cheap, water resistant tubes, attached to your dive flag. Remember, your license is made of that shiny, water repellant material, so don't worry too much about it getting wet.

Feel free to give me a shout if you have any other questions. Joyce

I'm thinking after our second dive, a couple of us can shoot over to FE and get the tanks filled for those that need it???

Thanks Joyce for the reply, it is a appreciated. I will keep you up-to-date on the dinner plans :) Of course, you and or you and Mikey are always welcome to join us diving. I know that may interfere with your naps in front of the new tv but....:wink:

Mylynch21 has to drop out.

Last edited:
Turns out I won't be able to make this one. Hopefully next time around!

All right Guys, here's the scoop for the Saturday morning dive on the Loggerhead...

$60 per person for a 2 tank dive (snacks & drinks provided)
$12 Nitrox rental
$8 Air rental
$75 per person for a 2 tank night dive Friday night (minimum 4 people)

Capt John wants us on the dock no later then 7:30 Sat morning and he would like a count no later than Friday morning on who wants to rent what (so he can have it ready for us)..i.e. nitrox, air, wetsuits, etc...

Remember it is Cash or Check only..NO plastic and everybody plan on paying for yourself when you sign the ship manifest.

Wife and I would REALLY like to do the Loggerhead night dive. Me, wife, & daughter makes 3 already...any more takers?

Looks like it is a 30 min drive from the Inn to the Marina.

MissD - we will pick you up Friday morning at around 9am so we can avoid rush hour (unless you want to go earlier?)
Everybody Else - Woo hoo, 3 days and counting!!!

The only reason I was considering a boat night dive is because of the unknown shore dive factor. If the reef is close and the seas are calm it would be alot more cost effective to do the shore dive. If conditions are not good for a shore night dive we could try to charter closer to where we are staying...lets hear from the locals down there.

Joyce what do you think?

Last edited:
9 a.m. sounds great. :)

Wife and I would REALLY like to do the Loggerhead night dive. Me, wife, & daughter makes 3 already...any more takers?

Looks like it is a 30 min drive from the Inn to the Marina.

The only reason I was considering a boat night dive is because of the unknown shore dive factor. If the reef is close and the seas are calm it would be alot more cost effective to do the shore dive. If conditions are not good for a shore night dive we could try to charter closer to where we are staying...lets hear from the locals down there.

Joyce what do you think?

Yikes, please don't put me on the spot! Besides, my crystal ball is at the shop, it was getting rather cloudy.
Here is an excerpt from the local marine forecast:

Friday... Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 20 knots. Seas 2 feet or less near shore and up to 2 to 4 feet well offshore. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Friday Night... Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 20 knots. Seas 2 feet or less near shore and up to 2 to 4 feet well offshore. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Saturday... Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 25 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

Maybe Marvel would be better able to answer this question. She lives on the beach in question, and has more experience in gaging forecasts versus actual conditions.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom