Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

III

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We've beeen driving over to Boyton Beach like every other weekend. The holiday Inn Express is 2 min from Two Georges Marina and its clean and cheap. I know the guys who own the Loggerhead really well and can hook us up w/a group deal.

Sry if I pirated your post. We are just trying to get some dive buddies on this coast. Seems like its a hard thing to do:wink:

INFO ON TRIP & Sign up sheet:

Game Plan:
Arrive FtLauderdale at noonish on Friday. Check into room, try and get one shore dive in at "Marvel's Side Yard/Lauderdale by the Sea". Have dinner, then do a night dive with Pelican. Following morning, we will head to Boynton and dive with Loggerhead. After the morning charter dive, we will have lunch and head back to Tampa.

Room information:
So rooms are booked. We are staying here: http://www.alittleinn.com/ We have an apartment and a regular room. Barbara at Little Inn said check in is 3p.m. but if we arrive and our room is empty she will get it cleaned asap. She also said we are free to use the amenities whenever we arrive - no matter the time. So if the room isn't ready we can still leave our stuff there, gear up, and go diving :bounce3: Cost will be $37 a person and we now have an extra bed so if Fletch or I Dive can make it....

Friday Night Dive Info:
Cost: $75
Dive: 2 Tank Night Dive, 1 on the Tracy and another on a reef
Dive Boat: Fish Food
Date: Friday, September 12, 2008 - 7:00PM EDT
Link to reservation site: https://app.timetrade.com/tc/login.do?url=parrotislandscuba

Saturday Morning Boat Info:
All right Guys, here's the scoop for the Saturday morning dive on the Loggerhead...
$60 per person for a 2 tank dive (snacks & drinks provided)
$12 Nitrox rental
$8 Air rental

People that will be in attendance for trip:
1. ScubAnn
2. Sam
3. Miss D
4. Scoobahdood
5. Realjet
6. III
7. Possibly Jess

People Staying at Lil Inn:
1. ScubAnn
2. Sam
3. Miss D
4. Scoobahdood
5. III
6. Possibly Jess
7. RealJet w/ own room

Interested in doing a chartered night dive on Friday night
1. III
2. ScubAnn
3. Sam
4. MissD
5. Scoobahdood
6. Possibly Jess

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a private dance? If the rest of us scrubs are welcome, we're in. Boyton, Lauderdale?

We've beeen driving over to Boyton Beach like every other weekend. The holiday Inn Express is 2 min from Two Georges Marina and its clean and cheap. I know the guys who own the Loggerhead really well and can hook us up w/a group deal.

Sry if I pirated your post. We are just trying to get some dive buddies on this coast. Seems like its a hard thing to do:wink:
I could be interested in Boynton or whatever..... how about checking that group rate on Loggerhead and letting us know?

Bruce

I need to know how many, of course the more peeps the better chance of getting a better deal.

The new boat seats 22 divers but if we can get at least six to commit they will take us any where we want to go. I've got 3, poss 4, ready and waiting for you guys to pick a date.

Two weeks would be good notice for my wife since she is a 9to5r, but I think the whole reason for "sick days" is Boyton dive trips.

III if you have three and we end up w/ just three, then we can do Kev's boat. It's a six pack :D He too is located at Two George's, see link in first post.

ScubaAnn wants to go out on Kev's boat. I guess Marvel was telling her about him at the Venice gathering.

I don't mind at all, I will just have to lay low when we go by Capt John and the Loggerhead

ScubaAnn wants to go out on Kev's boat. I guess Marvel was telling her about him at the Venice gathering.

I don't mind at all, I will just have to lay low when we go by Capt John and the Loggerhead

Kev is a long time friend of the board. Fantastic boat to go out on. You're not going to find many that care about ensuring you have a great trip as he does.

III, we'll put a wig on you and you'll be fine :wink:

So what are we thinking? One day aboard Kev's, spend the night, and the next day shore diving, then home?

You guys decide what works best for your schedules and we will make it. It would be best if SucbaAnn could give a little notice at work, but like I said before we can work around it.

My boss can be a real A**hat but maybe you can sweet talk him for me:10::10::10:

The 12th to the 15th I'll be out of town, but any other dates work for me. III, I will need to borrow the wig when you're done. My dive shop in Lakeland used John & Jim at Loggerhead a lot, but not since the accident.

Works for me. I'm a lil worried about Ann and III, fingers crossed.

....you picked the 1 little block of days that don't work.

:no Murphy did :wink1::D So how about two weeks later? We could then set it up where we do it on the weekend or you guys just miss one day of work. How does that sound?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom