Tampa road trip, 9/12 - 9/13, Boynton & Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how much this will change between now and Friday, but here is the marine forecast for the next few days:

Friday... East winds 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 25 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.
Friday Night... East winds 10 to 15 knots with gusts to around 20 knots becoming 5 to 10 knots after midnight. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers and thunderstorms.
Saturday... East winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 feet or less. Intracoastal waters a light chop. Chance of showers and thunderstorms.

You may want to consider planning that Friday night dive on a charter boat, rather than hitting the beach. And, here's how the beach is looking at the moment:

netcam.jpg

I'm getting on Nekton Saturday afternoon...

I could be talked into a boat based night dive Friday or Thursday... or meeting folks for dinner on Friday...

-HK

The wind is howling right now, even out here in the Everglades :shocked2:

Anyone up for Kite Boarding, looks like a swell day for it::wink:

REST OF TODAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO AROUND
35 KNOTS. SEAS 6 TO 8 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED
AREAS. SHOWERS LIKELY AND CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.

So Brian, Pompano you say? Never been out with that fella.

I'm getting on Nekton Saturday afternoon...

I could be talked into a boat based night dive Friday or Thursday... or meeting folks for dinner on Friday...

-HK

How about dinner and night dive out of Pomano Friday?

When and Where....? Oh - and what dives...?
Wrecks? Reefs? Deep? Shallow?
Tell me whatcha want - I'll make suggestions

When and Where....? Oh - and what dives...?
Wrecks? Reefs? Deep? Shallow?
Tell me whatcha want - I'll make suggestions

There will be some newer divers with me so nothing too difficult. Suggest away. :cool2:

There will be some newer divers with me so nothing too difficult. Suggest away. :cool2:

70' Wreck followed by Reef Drift....

The Tracy is nice.. w/ rebar off to the Scutti and Merci Jesus....

Dinner afterwards at:
Bru's Room or Flannagins for quick/dirty/sports bar, or Bonefish Mac's for nice affordable sit down

70' Wreck followed by Reef Drift....

The Tracy is nice.. w/ rebar off to the Scutti and Merci Jesus....

Dinner afterwards at:
Bru's Room or Flannagins for quick/dirty/sports bar, or Bonefish Mac's for nice affordable sit down

That sounds perfect, Tim. Nice easy wreck that one. Let me get a count of who is interested. Who would we book with? Bru's room or Flannigans interests me. Joyce and Mikey have taken me there before - good stuff and you can have your wings :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom