Taken the classes but having hard time getting final cert dives :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
They actually had one at Sciences. Karen C put together a DIRF shortly after the one I set up for our shop unravelled.

As far as I know they only had one and though I have heard from a reliable source why they didn't continue I really don't have any first hand knowledge.

We had 3 GUE DIR Fundamentals classes at Scuba Sciences. I put them all together. You all can quit speculating. The instructor I was working with was Tamara Kendel. Once she quit teaching, and all of our friends had already taken the class there was really no one in the pipeline with any interest and I would have had to find another instructor to come here to teach...and figure out new logistics.

Putting the classes together and arranging the logistics was a tough job and since I was starting to work in CA I couldn't be here to baby sit all the details. Plus around that same time the GUE class changed from 3 to 4 days and the logistics would have had to be re-worked. And the list goes on an on.

Scuba Sciences was and still is a Halcyon dealer so the shop was in support of the class. We were trying to get a tech program going so we would have more people to dive with at that level as well.

Karen

Karen Cleveland:
We had 3 GUE DIR Fundamentals classes at Scuba Sciences. I put them all together. You all can quit speculating.

Well... uh.... what kinda fun would that be ?!?!

I sure thought here was a little more to the story, though.

And thanks for the update on David... I knew he would do good. I was just a little worried when I found out that you wouldn't be there to keep him on the straight and narrow!

Stephen Ash:
They actually had one at Sciences. Karen C put together a DIRF shortly after the one I set up for our shop unravelled.
Wait, I never said they didn't have one (or two or three)...I said Art & Karen told me there wasn't any instruction locally anymore you had to go to elsewhere (CA for example, being the closest), apparently this was after Karen started working in CA. I said, I never saw a class in AZ on GUE's website, which I never did and have checked a few times in 05-06. It's a course I'd like to experience someday so I look every so often.

Karen Cleveland:
...You [-]all[/-] can quit speculating.
Ya Stephen...quit speculating, you pot-stirrer :eyebrow:

shark.byte.usa:
Ya Stephen...quit speculating, you pot-stirrer :eyebrow:

Well... apparently I hurt someone that is important to me....

My apologies... I'm outa here...

namabiru:
Aren't you in San Diego right now, diving in the safe ocean? Or did I just not listen properly on Wednesday night.

Not so safe this weekend! Large surf with lots of surfers at the Shores. The Cove was a little better on entry, but lots of surge and visibility was about 5' 100 yards off shore. Ended up doing one dive today that lasted about 1/2 an hour. Hopefully Saturday will be better.

You know I feel you don't understand the Scuba World ,the Ocean is a challenge thats what makes it cool , you are very negative and very wrong , I thought "scuba board" could build divers up, all you do is tear it down. Try looking at the ocean is half full not half empty, our instructors and Dive Master are only allowed to count a maximum of 10 dives in the lakes the rest have to be in the ocean thats why our divers are so strong ! Have a great day Safe Diving.........

Scuba Sciences always been here to solve problems and help the customers , get real in April 2007 when PADI comes out with their Open Water Courses on Line , who will that help in the world of Scuba ? We need stores that care and respond stop bashing the stores that keep scuba alive without the stores, Scuba as we know it will be gone . Scuba Sciences has always taught the most cutting edge courses there are, not by AV or INTERNET in person ......the real way

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom