Tackle shack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Right then...

The threads have been merged and I know that can be confusing. Let me just give you a synopsis of what the op said:

- he called a shop, went there to get some stuff and got some cheek he wasn't expecting.

- he left and went to another shop to get his stuff.

- then he posted about being disgruntled here

Carry on.

See, even you're confused with it.

The OP also wrote this
Hey gang
read some of the replies and I wish to respond. I went into that store with a no problem attitude just happy I was able to get the parts I needed.
:confused:

See, even you are confused. No MOD cleaned it prior to the time of posting

Ok I'm confused by that ^

But you posted in the third thread, asking for a mod to clean it up. A mod did clean it up and you are still confused. Perhaps you should direct your comments to the OP. Tell him to stop posting multiple thread about the same subject, stop using abbreviations in new threads that people won't understand (the second and third thread "TS update" means nothing to most people, especially if they didn't see the original "Tackle Shop" thread). The mods are just trying to keep order but it seems to be like a Hydra. Every time they cut off one head, another two appear :shocked2:

So the point is, lets just try to keep all the tackle shop stuff in here to avoid more confusion, por favor.

See, even you are confused. No MOD cleaned it prior to the time of posting

The only person confused here is you Cooltech. I'm not sure how you expect a MOD to clean something up prior to it even being posted but whatever. Read the PM Diver0001 sent explaining things. If you still can't grasp it, there isn't anything else that can be done to help you.

Ok I'm confused by that ^

But you posted in the third thread, asking for a mod to clean it up. A mod did clean it up and you are still confused. Perhaps you should direct your comments to the OP. Tell him to stop posting multiple thread about the same subject, stop using abbreviations in new threads that people won't understand (the second and third thread "TS update" means nothing to most people, especially if they didn't see the original "Tackle Shop" thread). The mods are just trying to keep order but it seems to be like a Hydra. Every time they cut off one head, another two appear :shocked2:

So the point is, lets just try to keep all the tackle shop stuff in here to avoid more confusion, por favor.
See, there's where some of the confusion is... You were seeing it still as the third thread, yet it was pointing to the original. I never left the original and all my posts were made there. I only saw the Tackle Shack thread. I never saw the TS update thread(s) until they were merged with the original.

And, please understand... I'm not blaming anyone but the OP for the confusion...

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Ladies and gentlemen,
can we PLEASE try to get this thread back on topic.
Merging,editing and deleting becomes a pain in the....:shakehead:
Thank you.

Just want to clue everyone in on my experience dealin with these clowns on 3/28/09. Called the store early in the morning about getting a replacement part for my zeagle BC of which I had brought 2 from these people in the past. Was told no problem,they have all parts in stock. So I drove from my home in Weeki Wachee all the way down to their store. Upon arriving at the store, not only did I encounter a rather angry counter person with a crappy attitude, I also found out they no longer seem to carry this line of product. Needless to say I got a little bit angry at this situation but it gets even better. The angry man went and got who I would guess is the owner (tall guy with white curley hair) He comes out with an even crappier attitude and tells me basically tough,we'll only sell you the whole inflator. I could have done that at many places along the way down there. Told him no thanks and upon my exit he wished me a very sarcastic HAVE A NICE DAY. By the way I did inform them how far I had driven but it didn't seem to matter. My only hope is that my conversation with a potential customer in the parking lot afterwards cost them a big sale.Just a heads up for everybody and TO THE FINE STAFF AT TACKLE SHACK, HAVE A NICE DAY
Just a suggestion to prevent problems in the future; Someone is really nice on the phone and says they have the parts in stock, Maybe ask them who they are BEFORE you drive all the way down there? Then when you get a big attitude from the guy that doesn't know anything, you can throw Carl or Stan or Greg under the bus. (They told me so!) Easy as pie!

I just read the entire thread, top to bottom.. The only thing I found confusing is the folks that for some reason seem to be..... confused! :D

The gist of the entire thread is that the OP called first, and was told parts were in stock, but when he arrived discovered parts were NOT in stock, and he felt the employees had a bad attitude.

Some folks seem to think this store is demon span, others have used it for years without issue.

I think the first clue for potential clients would be their website. If they don't list the brand name/manufacture you need, they likely don't stock it. Zeagle is not listed. Calling should get the job done, but in this case, it did not.

OK, let me clear up the confusion issue.

I was reading the thread when the 1st merge happened, and didn't realize there were other threads on this posted by the OP and posts within those threads overlapped existing posts in this thread.

When the first merge came through what was confusing was that the OP indicated they had no problem getting the parts, but it wasn't clear where he got them...

The third merge came and until going back and reading from the beginning, it still wasn't completely clear what the OP was saying. Once all the posts were merged and read down the thread, it did make more sense.

When I posted the confusion issue, the threads were in process of being merged, and things were confusing to read. Yes, it is much clearer now as to what the OP did in getting things cleared up.

Again, I wasn't blaming anyone but the OP for the confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom