Tackle shack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich52

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just want to clue everyone in on my experience dealin with these clowns on 3/28/09. Called the store early in the morning about getting a replacement part for my zeagle BC of which I had brought 2 from these people in the past. Was told no problem,they have all parts in stock. So I drove from my home in Weeki Wachee all the way down to their store. Upon arriving at the store, not only did I encounter a rather angry counter person with a crappy attitude, I also found out they no longer seem to carry this line of product. Needless to say I got a little bit angry at this situation but it gets even better. The angry man went and got who I would guess is the owner (tall guy with white curley hair) He comes out with an even crappier attitude and tells me basically tough,we'll only sell you the whole inflator. I could have done that at many places along the way down there. Told him no thanks and upon my exit he wished me a very sarcastic HAVE A NICE DAY. By the way I did inform them how far I had driven but it didn't seem to matter. My only hope is that my conversation with a potential customer in the parking lot afterwards cost them a big sale.Just a heads up for everybody and TO THE FINE STAFF AT TACKLE SHACK, HAVE A NICE DAY

Your not the first, and I suspect not the last person they'll alienate. If you search this forum you'll find a few similiar experiences.

For Zeagle equipment I would recommend Aquatic Adventures in Zephyrhills on Rte 301, 1 mile (approx) north of Cnty road 54. They are a Zeagle dealer and the owner (who I do some instruction for) is very good friends with the owners of Zeagle, which BTW, is located about 8 miles from from the dive shop on the other side of town. You can also get a hold of scottzeagle on this forum who, as you may have guessed by the name, works for Zeagle.

Good luck, and sorry to hear about your experience with the other guys...

Dave.

For Zeagle equipment and repairs in the Clearwater area I use Mac Sports, 2126 Drew St. I took the majority of my classes thru them, including Dive Master. They run a good shop!

Just want to clue everyone in on my experience dealin with these clowns on 3/28/09. Called the store early in the morning about getting a replacement part for my zeagle BC of which I had brought 2 from these people in the past. Was told no problem,they have all parts in stock. So I drove from my home in Weeki Wachee all the way down to their store. Upon arriving at the store, not only did I encounter a rather angry counter person with a crappy attitude, I also found out they no longer seem to carry this line of product. Needless to say I got a little bit angry at this situation but it gets even better. The angry man went and got who I would guess is the owner (tall guy with white curley hair) He comes out with an even crappier attitude and tells me basically tough,we'll only sell you the whole inflator. I could have done that at many places along the way down there. Told him no thanks and upon my exit he wished me a very sarcastic HAVE A NICE DAY. By the way I did inform them how far I had driven but it didn't seem to matter. My only hope is that my conversation with a potential customer in the parking lot afterwards cost them a big sale.Just a heads up for everybody and TO THE FINE STAFF AT TACKLE SHACK, HAVE A NICE DAY

Some business just don't seem to realize what one disatified customer can do to their bottom dollar.

I've never done business with them, only window shopped. My main observation was serious sticker shock. I forget the exact price, but I seem to recall air fills there being nearly double what Bill Jackson's charges. And, as far as Kayak prices, I would have been better off buying a power boat than a Kayak at their prices... Just a word of advice... Before driving all the way from Weeki to the St Pete area to buy ANYTHING, check the Internet and you are likely to find a closer place to get it. And, when it comes to anything SCUBA related, post it up on these boards and I'm certain someone will be able to steer you towards a place that will save you a lot of gas and time. That is one heck of a haul for a short shopping trip!!!!!

I'll second DiveBandit's advice on Aquatic Adventures especially since you are in Spring Hill.

Since the staff change at Tackle Shack I rarely go in anymore and only then if I have no other options. Their attitude got real bad after the change and there are too many other dive shops to around to deal with that mess.

I've never been to Tackle Shack myself, but did call them last Wednesday to inquire about gas fills. I got so much attitude over the phone that I thought I was back in Miami...I ended up driving to Tampa instead.

BTW, I also called the owner of "Our Ocean Dreams" to ask about getting VIPs for a couple of O2 stage bottles. He wanted to know who performed the previous VIPs and said I'd still need to pay for having the valves O2 cleaned, even though the cylinders were labeled with oxygen service stickers. Is this typical?

Dave

I've used Tackle Shack on many occasions without issue. They've even offered discounts for additional purchases.

I'm not attempting to dissagree with you, but I would like to see their response before I passed judgement

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom