T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah but your entry requirements are so tight we don't get much in here.
That's why we're having this discussion. :)
I have called some T2T members on BS in the past (in other forums) and funny thing is they don't post here or on TDS much because it seems these venues are not friendly enough for their strokery. "Authoritative" answers that are completely contradicted by both science and experience are my biggest beef.

I am fine with naive or noob questions. I have plenty about places and things with which I have little or no experience too. Hence the reason I am ok with AN/DP and Intro certs etc.

The other older forums should just be deleted IMO. They only serve as a platform for the ignorant to speak to the uninformed.
That's not likely to happen any time soon. For now it serves as a buffer zone.
any chance of asking agnes m to post some bits about the connection of baptizing & peacock? or asking jill h or jim w or some others to 'guest post' some stuff to ask about & comment on? that would stir some **** in a positive-ish way. because i'm sure it would degenerate. it's what we do. but it would be fun!
I'm totally for that. I could ask them to post here, but it would probably be more successful coming from some of you who know them outside the board.

I'd also encourage any of you to invite others to join back here that may not be members of the board. Give me a heads up and I can make sure the requests are approved. I'm not advocating or encouraging a recruitment drive of all the other boards, but if you personally know someone, give them the opportunity to check this forum out.

The numbnuts reveal themselves fairly fast anyway. SPG "has to be" on the right anyone??

...and left :)

How about we (the t2t members) start to invite people in the tech public forum here because we see a quality of posts/questions? Provided they meet the final qualification issue (i say a tech card, Jim pointed out deco/apprentice type level, I'm OK with that)

Sure, make a quick poll/vote and get them in that way. I'd be good with that. I would want multiple people agreeing on the decision for sure though.

Is Joel Silverstein/js1scuba a member here? He got quite a few discussions going over on DMX a couple of years ago. Then the BS-ometer got to be too much and it died out. I can ask him to visit here. He has a knack for started thought provoking discussions. I think they would do great in this forum if it holds true to the vision.

Last edited:
Sure, make a quick poll/vote and get them in that way. I'd be good with that. I would want multiple people agreeing on the decision for sure though.

How about this: We open the requirements to include Intro/Cave 1/equivalent on overhead and AN&Deco/Tech 1/equivalent on deco. Seems like most people that have responded so far are ok with these minimums. If anyone refers someone, either have them mention it in the group request, or drop me a PM.

If we start getting a bunch of dumbass posts, we can take a vote and I can kill their access.

With a bit more work I can also limit access of a member to specific forum(s) back here if we start to see a need for that.

Is Joel Silverstein/js1scuba a member here? He got quite a few discussions going over on DMX a couple of years ago. Then the BS-ometer got to be vision much and it died out. I can ask him to visit here. He has a knack for started thought pprovoking discussions. I think they would do great in this fotum if it holds true to the vision.

Yes, he doesn't post. He does have some "thought provoking" ideas which are ehem, complete crap. The owners of DMX think he's nifty and they have a much more restrictive moderation policy. I left after calling his crap cr*p one to many times on DMX.

So let me use this opportunity to say, Welcome to T2T Joel :D

May I suggest that we have a "Dive Profiles" subforum within T2T. I was thinking we could do posts like this one: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/solo-divers/356548-solo-planning-execution.html .

I would hope that by now some of the more frequent posters of SB will recognize at least at a basic level the dive styles of other posters and have at least earned a slight bit of respect in spite of diving outside some particular philosophies. In other words, I would not want the sample post above to degenerate into a deep air debate or a solo debate. By now many members of the T2T know my position and I do not have any inclination in continuously repeating myself in debates that'll go nowhere.

I do recognize that I am not at the apex of diving and that there is still a lot I could learn. My interest in posting dive profiles is to get constructive criticism that can help me improve my game.

Because of the sheltered nature of T2T I would feel more at ease posting profiles here rather than in a more public area where it could motivate somebody without preparation to try to follow my planning and execution.

I realize my dives are not that epic but I am not looking for fame and fortune through diving. It is just a hobby. I am looking for non-judgemental questions and observations. eg. Why did you choose 25%? Answer: No particularly good reason. It was more based on a whim at the time of filling tanks.

now that I can download my profiles I would be willing to post some. i gotta buy the scubapro dongle thing though...

Perhaps new folks (hell, make it everyone in here) should just have to give a little intro and say what kind of diving experience they have.

It feels like a rip off having to pay close to 100 bucks for a simple cable, but having access to your profiles makes it worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom