T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

now that I can download my profiles I would be willing to post some. i gotta buy the scubapro dongle thing though...
Which computer would you be downloading from? Most of the Uwatec/Scubapro computers that use the IR dongle will work with a MUCH cheaper usb IR sensor (if you have a laptop it my already have an IR sendor). The scubapro IR dongle is 5 times the price of a generic IR through RadioShack when I checked last year! My wife uses a Gallileo SOL, and has no compatiblity issues using the generic IR port. It might save you some dollars LiteHedded.

uwatec

can you tell me a brand that will for sure work with the scubapro software? I'll go buy one right now

She is at a business conference untill the weekend, and the port is in her laptop bag. I will get the brand name for it when she gets home. I know we bought it at Radioshack (pretty sure it was the house brand, but I am not 100% sure). It works fine with her SOL

Perhaps new folks (hell, make it everyone in here) should just have to give a little intro and say what kind of diving experience they have.
Back in the early days of T2T I did a post asking a question about rebreathers. As part of the post I did an extensive intro of who I was and what was my experience. At the time I felt fine doing that because this was a private forum with no search engine indexing. But then my post was moved to the public forums along with my personal info. At that point I asked John (Cavediver) to delete my personal info. I just don't like my personal info floating freely in the interwebs.

I saw on their website that they don't have them now, but the wife just called and I got the info from the port. Make is SYBA serial # SD-UIRDA-NM. She said her cost was about $10. I looked on amazon and one store sells them for $8.70. Additionally, she did have to download a driver for this receiver, and she is runing SmartTrac software. Hope this helps.

If you have the specs you could also try mouser.com

Back in the early days of T2T I did a post asking a question about rebreathers. As part of the post I did an extensive intro of who I was and what was my experience. At the time I felt fine doing that because this was a private forum with no search engine indexing. But then my post was moved to the public forums along with my personal info. At that point I asked John (Cavediver) to delete my personal info. I just don't like my personal info floating freely in the interwebs.

My public profile is representative of my diving experience, in short I have been diving for 36 years, and tech diving for 27 of those years. What my profile does not state is that I have not been in a cave for the past six months since I had a hip replacemnt because of dysbaric femoral head necrosis. After extensive physical therapy it still looks like I will never be able to adduct my hip joint sufficiently to do a proper frog kick, and my back kick is now impossible. It looks like I will have to give up the caves, but since I can only flutter kick, I would have to be a total stroke to go back in a cave:(
I can't bring myself to start selling off my gear yet. The wife can't see why I am so pissed, but I guess you guys can. Anyway, that is my intro - washed up cave diver.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom