T2T forum entrance requirements change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It feels like a rip off having to pay close to 100 bucks for a simple cable, but having access to your profiles makes it worth.

ReefNet Inc. | Sensus Ultra

$170 and i just keep it in my pocket and it doesn't matter if my depth gauge craps out and i get a different one (or forget it and wind up borrowing one on a dive or whatever -- it just follows my pocket contents, which follows me...)

My public profile is representative of my diving experience, in short I have been diving for 36 years, and tech diving for 27 of those years. What my profile does not state is that I have not been in a cave for the past six months since I had a hip replacemnt because of dysbaric femoral head necrosis. After extensive physical therapy it still looks like I will never be able to adduct my hip joint sufficiently to do a proper frog kick, and my back kick is now impossible. It looks like I will have to give up the caves, but since I can only flutter kick, I would have to be a total stroke to go back in a cave:(
I can't bring myself to start selling off my gear yet. The wife can't see why I am so pissed, but I guess you guys can. Anyway, that is my intro - washed up cave diver.

Doug, that sucks. However, I know a guy that fell 4 stories onto concrete, shattered every bone from his hips down, has some handicapps and some deformities from it that still cave dives. He has a weird little kick ( cant frog or flutter kick ) but is still very resilient in caves. He is careful and doesnt destroy anything so there is always hope. Just might mean no tight silty passages but there is plenty of huge cave to dive.

Whoa. Way to bring everyone down Doug. Sheesh...
Sorry dude, didn't mean to be a downer. Since slamfire was requesting our diving backgrounds, I thought it would be disingenuous not to include the fact that I am not actively cave diving now.
Anyway, hope the IR port works for you:)

well, if nothing else, john, you got the group talking. :cool2:

someone wanna start a detailed introduction thread?

Back in the early days of T2T I did a post asking a question about rebreathers. As part of the post I did an extensive intro of who I was and what was my experience. At the time I felt fine doing that because this was a private forum with no search engine indexing. But then my post was moved to the public forums along with my personal info. At that point I asked John (Cavediver) to delete my personal info. I just don't like my personal info floating freely in the interwebs.

What "intro" information are people are looking for? I just updated my profile. There's little personal info requested there IMO.

Besides I made it all up anyway :mooner:

Radio shack doesnt carry them :(

I bought the cheapest IR dongle Amazon had and my Uwatec downloads into SmartTec with zero problems. It actually downloaded itself the first time while I was reading the instructions :wink:

My public profile is representative of my diving experience, in short I have been diving for 36 years, and tech diving for 27 of those years. What my profile does not state is that I have not been in a cave for the past six months since I had a hip replacemnt because of dysbaric femoral head necrosis. After extensive physical therapy it still looks like I will never be able to adduct my hip joint sufficiently to do a proper frog kick, and my back kick is now impossible. It looks like I will have to give up the caves, but since I can only flutter kick, I would have to be a total stroke to go back in a cave:(
I can't bring myself to start selling off my gear yet. The wife can't see why I am so pissed, but I guess you guys can. Anyway, that is my intro - washed up cave diver.

Don't let the lack of a frog kick keep you out of the caves. A modified flutter, among others, can be non-silting as well. Big, low-flow cave is better than no cave!

I bought the cheapest IR dongle Amazon had and my Uwatec downloads into SmartTec with zero problems. It actually downloaded itself the first time while I was reading the instructions :wink:

Don't let the lack of a frog kick keep you out of the caves. A modified flutter, among others, can be non-silting as well. Big, low-flow cave is better than no cave!

sweet! looks like compusa has a bunch in stock. I'm gonna run over there after work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom