Swampers coming to Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:369: :369: :369: :369: :369: :369: :369: :369:

We've started to pack the gear - it all fits ! (At least the scuba gear does - who cares about the rest of the luggage ...)

I watched the Florida Aqua Caves special on Discovery HD last night (for the umpteenth time) - is there really water that clear ? Us good ole Lake Travis boys are really going to have to adjust.

Countdown to departure has begun - now I just need a gentle way to wake my wife at 4am on Thursday, and then again on Friday ...

See you all there on Friday noon - we'll check in, get our tanks and head down to the Ginnie Spring parking area to meet everyone.

LOL, yes the water really is that clear. And you're about to be in some of it!

Welcome to cave country.

bogrady:
:369: :369: :369: :369: :369: :369: :369: :369:

I watched the Florida Aqua Caves special on Discovery HD last night (for the umpteenth time) - is there really water that clear ? Us good ole Lake Travis boys are really going to have to adjust.
You may need to wear sunglasses inside your mask it is so bright and clear!:14: Check out some of my Alexander Springs photos in my photo album. I got my tanks filled and ready.:D
http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/page/1/ppuser/71160

OK - I do have to come clean on the low viz/hi viz water thing. While we do spend a whole lot of time in deep dark Lake Travis, Stephen and I are also certified as science divers at San Marcos Springs Aquarena Center in San Marcos Texas. As you can see from the pictures we do have some clear water here. Its small and shallow (27 feet max 19 feet average) but at least you can see your buddy in the water.

BTW - that's not us in the photos.

Attachments

• 022-buoyancy.jpg
    022-buoyancy.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 46
  • gardening_001.jpg
    gardening_001.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
The water is that clear , unless the sand and stuff in the basin gets kicked up.. In the cavern (ballroom) it's even more clear...
Unless flights are delayed , I'll be there Friday Morning at the ballroom. Look for the blonde and the , er , what are they called? Oh yea , tanks !!!
(the bottles that hold the breathie stuff)

I'll be there around 11:30 or so at the ballroom. Also look for the black folding chair...I'll be lounging in it.

Jeano Beano

P.S. I'll try not to stir up the silt/sand etc too much. :shakehead
But you know us strokers.

jeandiver:
The water is that clear , unless the sand and stuff in the basin gets kicked up.. In the cavern (ballroom) it's even more clear...
Unless flights are delayed , I'll be there Friday Morning at the ballroom. Look for the blonde and the , er , what are they called? Oh yea , tanks !!!
(the bottles that hold the breathie stuff)

I'll be there around 11:30 or so at the ballroom. Also look for the black folding chair...I'll be lounging in it.

Jeano Beano

P.S. I'll try not to stir up the silt/sand etc too much. :shakehead
But you know us strokers.

Will look for you, we are now down to only 2 coming. We were thinking of starting at the Devils something another and drifting into Ginnie. Then swap tanks before the ballroom. Neither of us has been there before so we do not know anything. Just someone here said to do it that way. My wife and girl friend are going to come along and do some painting/drawing stuff as they have never been there either. We will try and stay off da bottom a kicking fer you Jeano.

Mark is also gonna be thar real early! He said around 11:00 he will be getting double tanks refilled. :coffee:

Then the Tex a can's are arriving around noon. They will have wet suits and gear on in the car. They want to be ready!:rofl3:

That reminds me, many years ago I rode my motorcycle with all my gear through town, including tank, to a friends house, parked, walked around to his pool and jumped in. I have been looking for the picture my wife took. Alcohol was not involved either!

I'll be at the Ballroom at 11 AM EST on Friday then.
Oooo , someone else is bring doubles !!! :confused:
Oh boy...

Er , what Have I gotten myself into here?

:11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11:

Jeano Beano

Three ole coots and artist wife now coming.

Jeano, I guess we have resolved to leave your vehicle alone also, maybe. I am out of oxygen and acetalene...

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom