Swampers coming to Ginnie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeandiver:
:( :( :( :( :(

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(sniff)

Da Bean

P.S. I harranged Friday off from the Client , so I should be there ... Unless flights are delayed next Thursday. :D

Weather will be good and etc. Now 2 guys have backed out on me. I may be alone so will wait and hook up with the guys coming from Texas. Do not want to do it alone. :no I am not into the caves however. If I am the only one from here I am still coming, may leave a little earlier, then can stop at a Cracker Barrel:D:coffee:

Da Bean I will not have any tools anyway so your vehicle is safe:D at least big ones.:D

Dave

I'm begining to think Jeans car would make a nice addition to the gallery..........

eandiver:
I'm begining to think Jeans car would make a nice addition to the gallery..........

:confused: :11:

(oh boy)

eandiver:

Gee maybe I should bring my cutting torch, :eyebrow:then we could have smaller pieces to put in the gallery:rofl3::rofl3:

Another guy just called, back to at least two old coots.

Ginnie to Disney isn't 2 hours more like 3 1/2 hours. Plan accordingly. Cheers.

It's 175 miles from my house in St.Pete to the dive shop at Ginnie.

We've got our gear half packed and I printed out all the maps and directions today.

Hotel in Pensacola to Ginnie is 334 miles (5 hours 4 minutes). We’re still targeting noon.

Is there some obvious place we can meet up – a picnic area, tree, rock, or something? We’re in the new Silver Toyota Highlander with Texas plates. I’m diving a black and yellow Bare full suit and Stephen dives a black and silver custom made full suit (he’s 6’ and 130 pounds – nothing of the rack fits)

Ginnie to Lake Buena Vista (Disney) is 140 miles (2 hours 30 minutes) so we want to be back on the road by 5 pm.

This of course totally excludes the 700 miles from Austin to Pensacola. That’s the hard part.

A few years back I tricked the family into doing the drive home (Orlando to Austin) in one straight shot. As we crossed from Florida into Alabama I started to make some comments about being able to sleep in our own beds that night is we skipped our normal return stop in Baton Rouge. I sort of glossed over the fact that it would be about 1 the next morning before we were actually asleep in those beds.

All went well until about Texarkana, when I had a small mutiny on my hands. I was lucky they didn’t leave me on the side of the road in Dallas. I’ll never try that little trick again.

My suggestion, unless some one has a better one, is to meet at the ball room. When you leave the dive shop turn right at the intersection and it's at the bottom of the hill on the left. Large parking lot, bath house and of course the spring.

Don't forget your C-card!!!!!! Very important!!!!! No card, no dive.

Be careful driving. See you there.

eandiver:
My suggestion, unless some one has a better one, is to meet at the ball room. When you leave the dive shop turn right at the intersection and it's at the bottom of the hill on the left. Large parking lot, bath house and of course the spring.

Don't forget your C-card!!!!!! Very important!!!!! No card, no dive.

Be careful driving. See you there.
Sounds like a meeting place. We were thinking of starting at the other end and drifting into Ginnie Spring. But the ballroom itself is a little wet isn't it? eandiver is going to be there before the rooster crows:D:D We will probably start at Devils, what ever and drift towards Ginnie, then my wife is gonna drive down to the parking area at Ginnie. So I am guessing we will be at Ginnie around noon if we get to the park at 11:00. My buddy will have to get an air fill at the shop, so we will also be there around 11:00 and noon. I have two tanks, he only has one.

Look for the old coots!:rofl3:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom