Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

Swamper Fling June 19-21, 2009

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any need for 10'x10' and 10'x20' ez-up tents?

always a plus, especially in summer!!!:d

I've got a $25 to kick in for fajitas, etc.. Would it help to send it to you guys now or just drop it in when we get there..

Very generous Frisk151, but $5 should be plenty sufficient... & drop it when you get there :wink:

so what time are yall planning to show up on fri and is there gonna be any diving that day?

BWS--- That which 90% of all certified divers are-- Blue Water Snob--- And we will bring a shelter also... What else ???? And if Zinc don't want no list, Zinc don't get no list... (Airplace circa 197? Barbara Billingsley without the Beaver... Which leads to the first dirty joke on TV... Ward don't you think... oh never mind you've all heard it....)

We will be there (hopefully) early on Friday.. If not early, then worst case should be around 5'ish. I definitely want to get a dive or two in on Friday.

Is anyone interested in night boat diving on Friday or Saturday? If so, maybe we could get something set up with Robert at Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba . I've dove with him a couple of times on the Wednesday night dives and he has an affordable operation that can ferry divers pretty much wherever they want to go.

David

I'll be camping both nights and will bring along a discada (aka Texas wok - actually its a big steel plowing disc). Great for cooking lots of things like peppers & onions or anything that would fall through a grill. Also nice for warming up tortillas. Would work well for migas, if anyone wanted to collaborate on that for breakfast, I'll do my part. Anyway, it will be available - with operator included.

I feel for you and the surgery. read some posts where you discussed this previously. If you have questions about post surgery and diving or rehab I'd be glad to advise you. I had both knees done (not at the same time, thats just, well nevermind) and not even 50 yet. Believe me the benefits as far as the pain from needing the surgery outweighs the pain prior to surgery.
Lots of luck and DO THE REHAB!!!!! LOTS OF IT

I have not been diving at Windy Point since June 2001. My wife has never been and we are so excited to go. We also are looking forward to getting to be a part of Texas Swamp Divers. Can't wait for it to get here. Is the Saturday night fajitas for everyone? If so what could we bring to help out?

Back
Top Bottom