Suunto Eon Core or Aqualung i770R Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't have a useful contribution, consider not posting it

Hopefully someone reading it will realize how idiotic the notion that, after you're over the "safe" M-values, you can "re-calculate" yourself to be under them again, is. In which case my post was not in vain.

Hopefully someone reading it will realize how idiotic the notion that, after you're over the "safe" M-values, you can "re-calculate" yourself to be under them again, is. In which case my post was not in vain.
Sorry, this is wrong. Ascend sufficiently, and this is the case.

:rofl3: While you're at it, get one that will un-bubble your blood and de-gas your spinal fluid after you bend yourself into a pretzel.
I hope you meant to state it as a joke. It was funny to me. If not than allow me to clarify why you want a computer that can help you from a situation. Suppose now you're having to share air with your dive buddy dmaziuk because he ran short. Ooops. Well you have air enough to start an ascent but can't do all your deep stops, so you have to continue ascending to a safe stop that extends air usage but doesn't put you in danger of DCS. That's just one reason.

Sorry, I always assume someone willing to spend that much money for a dive computer, must have a deeper interest.

Enjoy your new computer :)
Deeper interest... haha I get it.

As stated earlier dive computers are expensive. Really elaborate ones are great but I wouldn't use them enlieu of setting up your dive before you dive. Computers are a source for contingency. The type of computer you get should qualify the diving you're doing. If you want one to grow with you in advancing in diving, then that will be expensive. More so than commonplace rec computers are. Again though, that is why I mentioned LP having a great sale on those Suunto Eon Core with transmitters. A very popular computer. And for good reason.
Make sure you buy gear for your application and not fad.

I hope you meant to state it as a joke. It was funny to me. If not than allow me to clarify why you want a computer that can help you from a situation. Suppose now you're having to share air with your dive buddy dmaziuk because he ran short. Ooops. Well you have air enough to start an ascent but can't do all your deep stops, so you have to continue ascending to a safe stop that extends air usage but doesn't put you in danger of DCS. That's just one reason.

What are you smoking and can I have some?

I have not tried to bend an Eon but I have bent a Zoop. On a 60m dive with two deco gasses it bent at 7m. So in your scenario, where I’d expect you’d be shallower and have less deco (not having a correct gas plan so as to be at risk of insufficient gas) I think you might never bend it until you left the last stop because you were really about to run out of gas. At that point the state of your computer does not matter. In fact it may be better if it is creating a fuss as the rest of the people on the boat ought to be considering putting you on o2.

So in your scenario, where I’d expect you’d be shallower and have less deco (not having a correct gas plan so as to be at risk of insufficient gas) I think you might never bend it until you left the last stop because you were really about to run out of gas

The way you shorten your deco schedule without appreciably increasing the risk is you start by planning excessively unnecessarily overly long deco. E.g. you plan your deco using GF 10/10. Presumably you hate your wife and kids so much you'd rather spend extra couple of hours hanging at the deco stop than go home. Or maybe you're just too stupid to operate a deco planner. But either way if someone didn't bring enough gas for your deco schedule, you can recalculate on GF 95/95 and all is peachy again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom