Suspended Course Director

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And I am not a lawyer.... All I know is, individual's right to due process; individual's right to face the accuser; and individual's right to appeal - somehow supercede the public's right to be protected from criminals.You might be jumping the gun a little by suggesting that PADI has proven its case, or that Eric has had his fair day in court - before being labeled as you have indicated earlier.
Well, I think it's pretty clear where you stand. Interesting you ha heard of due process..... I disagree with you. The public's right to be protected from criminals or miscreants is paramount. Please note that you introduced the word criminal into the discussion. Such is the society we live in. If Eric hasn't been given a fair hearing, I insist it is because the Agency will not come out and explain itself. That is what leaves room for speculation and rumors. It is more important that no more people are harmed in whatever manner by the action or actions of a professional member of a certification agency, than that individual's personal rights. This is my own personal opinion, not a legal concept but rather an ethical one.

If the individual feels he has been wrongly suspended or maligned , he can take it to court. He should take it to court. That is what courts are for.

Well I am best friends with that guy and he told me he was just yanking your chain.................
HOUSTON, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM????

If the individual feels he has been wrongly suspended or maligned , he can take it to court. He should take it to court. That is what courts are for.

Courts are expensive. Lawyers are expensive. Lawsuits are expensive. That's why we have arbitration, agreements, and compromises. Once you have gone through your first divorce or lawsuit, you would understand why one don't raise hackles by spreading unsubstanciated rumors or statements from confidential witnesses.

The public's right to be protected from criminals or miscreants is paramount.

In the Taliban's world, what you have said is right on target. In the US justice system, it is protecting the innocent from wrongly being accused. Because of this, we likely let 1/2 of our criminals free. That is the price we pay for freedom. Freedom from wrongful conviction, freedom from oppression by our government, and freedom from harmful rumors.

In the Taliban's world, what you have said is right on target.
You know nothing about Talibans, you have never seen one and I not only resent your remarks but I expect an apology from you for inferring that my opinion is tantamount to Taliban.
In the US justice system, it is protecting the innocent from wrongly being accused. Because of this, we likely let 1/2 of our criminals free.
You think you can come on here and say what ever you like. Nobody is arguing with the importance of not accusing innocent people. I simply stated that it is important to stop innocent people being victims of people who wish to harm them. That is not an opinion of radical intolerant Islam. It is an opinion of someone who thinks that we should be tough on law and order.
That is the price we pay for freedom.
What do you know about the price that is paid for Freedom? Have you ever set foot in Afghanistan? You sure seem to be an expert on the place...
Freedom from wrongful conviction, freedom from oppression by our government, and freedom from harmful rumors.
You must have a guilty conscience. The rest of us go about our lives without ever thinking that we may be wrongfully convicted, we certainly don't feel oppresed by our government and if rumors are spread around about someone, many times that person was acting in a way that lead to rumors spreading. I have never been wrongfully convicted or oppressed by the govt. nor do I know anybody who has. What did they accuse you of doing and how were you oppressed?

When you let someone on the internet get under your skin. It is time to get a beer, or go diving.

I am sorry, Leapfrog, for unintentionally hurting your feelings. If I knew that you are an active duty soldier serving our country, I would have been much more careful about what I've said. Take care of yourself and your soldiers.

Actually, I am going shopping with my wife. Then maybe I'll dive in the pond and look for the fin my son lost last week.

Just FYI all this talk of courts and criminal law is misguided. This has nothing to do with any crime.

Not every law is a criminal law. In fact most laws are civil laws. If a case such as this is going to be a legal matter at all, it would be a civil matter, called a tort. All the protections of the criminal law system wouldn't apply.

But more specifically, the standards of proof and protections of the criminal law system aren't appropriate for day-to-day fact finding in the real world. You have every right to presume people are guilty without a trial, so long as you are not on a jury. Not only is legal due process not required, it is often not appropriate.

In the real world, you don't need a trial every time you want to determine if a fact is true. You don't need due process. You just need to use common sense.

Hey why is the Course Director and his defenders like MERLICERTES and AQUANUTS not here posting and explaining the reasons for the continued misinformation...

Reading with a little interest as this is in my backyard.

Please note that Aquanauts here in Mexico has nothing to do with the suspended course director Eric Zwanenburg and that all references to Aquanauts in this thread are for a dive shop in Pataya. Nothing to do with Aquanauts located in Puerto Aventuras Mexico.

Aquanauts S.A. de C.V. AKA Aquanauts DiveRite Tek Center of Mexico, in Mexico - Founded in 1999 and is currently a 5 star gold palm PADI center has nothing to do with Eric Zwanenburg.

Thanks

Dennis Weeks
Owner Aquanauts

Back
Top Bottom