Suspended Course Director

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherdvm
In the Taliban's world, what you have said is right on target.

You know nothing about Talibans, you have never seen one and I not only resent your remarks but I expect an apology from you for inferring that my opinion is tantamount to Taliban.
Quote:
In the US justice system, it is protecting the innocent from wrongly being accused. Because of this, we likely let 1/2 of our criminals free.

You think you can come on here and say what ever you like. Nobody is arguing with the importance of not accusing innocent people. I simply stated that it is important to stop innocent people being victims of people who wish to harm them. That is not an opinion of radical intolerant Islam. It is an opinion of someone who thinks that we should be tough on law and order.
Quote:
That is the price we pay for freedom.

What do you know about the price that is paid for Freedom? Have you ever set foot in Afghanistan? You sure seem to be an expert on the place...

Okay. I actually Have met two members of the Taliban. I have lived in the Middle East for the past 4 years. These guys seemed like noemal average Ahmeds.... Until I found out that they had been to a Taliban training school in Afghanistan. They wised up, and are now decrying everything they "learned" there. I listened to what they were taught, and MAN is it frightening. So...... Be happy that you have crazy things like freedom of speech, and our Justice System, however flawed.

I work everyday, with all walks of people, and there are some good, some bad, and a lot in between. Be careful how hard you throw rocks at each other, because you never know what sets a person off and truly offends them. Is a smart-as* comment or snipe worth it, at the end of the day? No.

So, let's get back be being quasi-adults here. This thread is soooooo done. And anyway, there are MUCH more important issues here- like - Does this neoprene make my butt look fat? It does, doesn't it. Dang dressing room mirrors. THEY should be arrested for false advertising...

And anyway, there are MUCH more important issues here- like - Does this neoprene make my butt look fat? It does, doesn't it. Dang dressing room mirrors. THEY should be arrested for false advertising...[/COLOR]

Yeh, but the problem is, the MODS always direct these EXCELLENT threads to the "PUB, geographic clubs, gripes, and other nonsense holes in the walls. They always leave the stupid bashing threads alive for their entertainment.

If they would only appoint dorks for MODS, scubaboard would be a much more fun place.

I definitely do not agree with this kind of programs. I was more happy when the time to attend an IE was 12 months after becoming certified. The thing is, that, after this new standard became efficiently (and I do not think is merely coincidence) I have had the chance to work with some instructors who became professionals exactly 6 months after obtaining their OWD cards...And trust me, it has been scary... one of them even used to say, with a big smile in his face, and so proud of himself "Six weeks ago I was just an AOWD, and now I am teaching, cool, eh?":cwmddd:
PM if you want to hear more scary stories about new instructors...
NOOO, please, do not give me wrong, I am not criticizing or judging anybody, or saying I am the best instructor (because I am NOT) I am just saying that this kind of standards should be removed, because, I am sorry if I am being too honest and too open here, is all about $$$. That way of thinking is totally unacceptable...HUMAN lives (our students) depend of our skills, knowledge and ability to handle any situations that may arise during training. So the next time you, as an instructor, handle an OWD certification, take a look at your student, review the good and the bad points of his training, and imagine seeing this guy or girl, 180 days later, wearing an "Instructor" shirt, and conducting an Open Water Course as your colleague...These thoughts may give you goosebumps...
Anyway, just my humble opinion.

Hi,

I know exactly the coursedirector you're talking about because I was in the IDC with him when he got suspended, and let me give you 2 pieces of advice:

1. Don't pay the guy any money, he'll try to rip you off any which way he can.
2. Get the hell out of there. Go to playa. You can get a room for 10 bucks a night and there are at least 2 IDC centers.

Believe me, that this guy has been suspended is the least of your worries. I just spend the worst 2 months of my life with this @55h0l3.

Good luck

P.S. I advice anyone who wants to go to Cancun for internships, DM courses, IDCs to have a look first at the padi website for suspended, and hopefully expelled CDs.
Suspended Members

Came to Cancun on the recommendation of a very good friend who did his Instructor Course and was able to get a job in mexico, Contacted the Course director and set up a date to take the IDC in Cancun, fly down and find out just before I go meet him that he has been suspended from PADI.

Does anyone have any idea why a Platinum course director from PADI would be suspended. I did not believe it a first but checked with PADI and sure enough His name appears on the PADI website as being suspended since April 23rd.

My question is has this ever happened to anyone, and do you think I might have a recourse in getting some compensation for the trip and lost expectations. Is this something PADI might be able to help me or have I just lost 600 dollars in airfare and 300 in hotel room.

Well people. I have been one of Erics victims. Only i didnt an IDC with Eric. I wanted to staff him as IDC Staff Instructor at his IDC. The time i arrived last may, he told me he was suspended. The reason he told me was he was not allowed to teach IDC's at a locations where he did before. After Eric and I had some problems about money, respect, scheduling courses, holding back certifications, i wrote all the organisations he is teaching for and was with my story. A lot of them replied and wanted all the email conversations between Eric and I. One of the organisations told me The reason why Eric is suspended and it not the story he is telling us. So be aware. He knows who i am and is threaten me. so be careful if u are living in Mexico.

And the story Continues,, this from the Mexico Forum.

i wrote this, and what i wrote is true. i am not gonna say here what the real reason is why Eric doesn teach Padi anymore, but its not the reason he tells us.

Eric has today a new diveshop divepromexico.com. He has a partner Jujo de Matteo. They are all SSI instructors and Eric is SSI IT.

Dont believe what they are saying and keep ur money in ur pocket. When they have it they keep it.. Whatever u do. If u have some problems go to the police tell them ur story and let them give u a signed paper. U have prove of ur story, note the name and telephone number of the policeagent so u can call him afterwards when someting happend.

Dont believe all the prices he tells u about the coures, most of them are extremely expensive, and the prices changes by his mood, mostly more expensive.

He doesnt have a boat or pool, he is renting this by another diveshop. What he has is only an office.
He is not allowed to promote and teach padi coures and materials. So if u see that u can report him.

i am not writing the bad things about him, cuz he knows my opinion about him. Iam only warning u, the new customers.

I don't know about you, man oh man, I find his qualifications impressive. A young man who can speak 4 languages? All those certifications? What went wrong? If you made all the investment into your career, why would you like your reputation get damaged?

http://divepromexico.com/staff.html

th worst thing about this situation is, its his word against mine. and he is spreading bad things about me around. and i cant defend myself. i am not there. i dont like it when my name become dirty cuz i did a course with him. so i am a gentle man and not saying what he did to me. but if it is possible i want this person out of the dive industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom