Surcharge for using PayPal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt that ti is a significant revenue stream. It seems more like a way of deterring nitrox so as to keep it simpler. No issues matching tanks to divers or analyzing.

Btw, I couldn't imagine using nitrox for a 25' shore dive.
At $4 I don't care if my 25' dive is done on air or nitrox. I only pump nitrox into my tanks at home. It costs me $2 more. And I don't know where I will use them when I fill them.

At $4 I don't care if my 25' dive is done on air or nitrox. I only pump nitrox into my tanks at home. It costs me $2 more. And I don't know where I will use them when I fill them.

I can see keeping your own tanks filled with nitrox. Is your home Cozumel? We're talking about a shore dive at Blue Angel using their tanks. I wouldn't want to waste the time analyzing.

I can see keeping your own tanks filled with nitrox. Is your home Cozumel? We're talking about a shore dive at Blue Angel using their tanks. I wouldn't want to waste the time analyzing.
I wouldn't analyze for 25 feet, but the price difference at the fill station wouldn't affect my decision much. No, my home isn't Cozumel, but I have worked on a compressor or two there. Fills are cheaper in Puerto Morelos.

That's not overpriced but you're only getting that price at select times of the year. Aug/Sept is that time. (CM is $57 for early Sept. and CDM is $38)
I still don't know where you are seeing that price. Here's from CM's website, for 9/5-9/12 for Ocean View. Note the difference in price for non-refundable vs cancellable:

CM.png

I still don't know where you are seeing that price. Here's from CM's website, for 9/5-9/12 for Ocean View. Note the difference in price for non-refundable vs cancellable:

View attachment 722982
Well, Mon to Mon is a bit odd and there does seem to be a surcharge for oceanview but you need a better source. Orbitz shows now $60/76 with $8 adder for refundable.

Which reminds me, CM has always had higher rates on their site than you could book it third-party for some reason. Which is atypical for most hotels these days. Makes no sense. Places should offer best rates on their own site and encourage you to book direct. The hotel pays hefty fees for those travel brokers.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 05-16-22 at 02.58 PM orbitz.JPG
    Screen Shot 05-16-22 at 02.58 PM orbitz.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 33
Which reminds me, CM has always had higher rates on their site than you could book it third-party for some reason. Which is atypical for most hotels these days. Makes no sense. Places should offer best rates on their own site and encourage you to book direct. The hotel pays hefty fees for those travel brokers.
The hotels' contracts with third-party sites prevent them from offering lower rates on their own sites.

The hotels' contracts with third-party sites prevent them from offering lower rates on their own sites.

That doesn't stop them from matching. Lots of hotels are on the travel brokers that offer best rates on their own site. Many large hotels offer best rates or rate match direct.

But now hotels are fighting back with special rate discounts—so long as guests book directly with the hotel.

At my bank (Canada) I can go to a teller and have them send an international money transfer for a flat fee.

At my bank (Canada) I can go to a teller and have them send an international money transfer for a flat fee.

As long as the intended recipient provides you account details to send it to. It takes two to tango.

Back
Top Bottom