Super secret DIR equipment? Post your stories (all in good fun)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That was one of the fun parts of being on the Peace in June, too ...

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:shocked2:
I've never been on a 'cattle boat' yet that was that buttoned down.

I like this idea of personal discipline being shared by a full goup.

Thanks,

Not in the same league with the video, but another funny story . . . We were at KBR, a resort on the Lembeh Strait. The second day, I went down to the boat and found the staff putting the finishing touches on gear assembly. I looked at my rig and was kind of dumbfounded for a moment. They had very carefully put the tank on the side of the backplate that rests on my back. This had undoubtedly required pulling the cambands through the slots to make enough space for the tank, and must have made it difficult for them to tighten them. It really made me wonder how they thought I was going to wear the thing!

Yes, but thanks to you by the time I got there they knew how to assemble a tank on a backplate.

In fact, it was several months after you were there and when we arrived the dive guide took one look at my setup and asked me if I knew you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

:shocked2:
I've never been on a 'cattle boat' yet that was that buttoned down.

I like this idea of personal discipline being shared by a full goup.

Thanks,

22 divers ... 22 BP/W setups ... 17 scooters ... and way more can lights than we needed.

The one thing that wasn't quite "buttoned up" was the charging station ... (this is only about a third of it) ...

IMG_0193.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For water in the 80 degree range, you will be fine with the 100 gram stretch liner but I still wear underarmour or something of that nature underneath. Mostly just to keep the moiture wicked off my skin. I dove in 84 degree water in a drysuit with only underarmour type clothing while my buddy wore a 300 gm fleece layer, but he lives in Bonaire and is pretty thin skinned.

I suggest strongly that as soon as you zip up your drysuit, (before you gear up) get into the water and get wet. Then you will benefit from evaporative cooling as you get your gear on. This makes a huge difference in tolerating the heat. Enjoy T-1

80 degrees F means 26 degrees Celsius, right? And you use a 100g undergarment at such temperatures? I use a 100g undergarment in 10-12 degrees (50-53 F).

Shsss! It's a Secret!

RIBtext.jpg

How do you think they realy get all that gear around?

You need a higher security clearance and a Tech 3 cert to see the details on the Mix certified version.

Very funny! And the Hitler vid is right up there with RJP's infamous post #47 in the split fin bashing thread. Classic! Gotta wonder about the weird doctor lady reference though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom