Sunrise Scuba, Spring Hill FL lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I concur. We (as a society) have tolerated far too many frivolous lawsuits that are contaminating our moral compass and doing nothing more than fueling one's greed. Everyone involved, directly or indirectly, in one of these circus events contributes to their proliferation. It may be summed up best by Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry."

Yes... you can try to contact other divers. But if this particular unnamed shop has recently stopped "pumping nitrox" as you say, then why don't you consider that a step in the right direction instead of dragging any I-want-to-get-rich schmuck in on your immoral delusion? The diving industry as a whole has enough troubles without the likes of you tainting its reputation by blatantly (and publicly) proclaiming a fault and demanding retribution for an act that is most likely an honest mistake.

You would probably do good to dispense with the thought that it was intentional, but given our nature, arrogance will trump all logical arguments. My logical argument is as follows: If it is true that nitrox is no longer being dispensed at this shop, it would seem that the person in question was either informed of or discovered said problem, and subsequently ceased using the defective equipment to protect the diving community. And if said shop/person is morally conscious, I suspect that your concerns would be addressed and satisfied to the best of their ability, without the need for public litigation.

I feel compelled to offer one of my favorite aphorisms... "Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate."

Ken

You are so far off based it is almost amusing. As for the lawsuit, that may or may not happen, it might just put him out of business and protect someone just like yourself. I wouldn't consider that frivolous. Unless you find your life or others worthless?????????? Lastly, the guy is a dive shop owner, seriously just how rich do you think he is?

I've never heard of Sunrise Scuba and know nothing about them, but I can't help but wonder how they would respond if they were informed of this thread. Since there's a threat of a lawsuit, they might decline to go on record due to potential litigation. I do feel that in fairness to all involved, they should be notified. :palmtree: Bob

I've never heard of Sunrise Scuba and know nothing about them, but I can't help but wonder how they would respond if they were informed of this thread. Since there's a threat of a lawsuit, they might decline to go on record due to potential litigation. I do feel that in fairness to all involved, they should be notified. :palmtree: Bob

I called them at 352-835-8677 and got no answer. The voice mail greeting was something like "hey, leave a message and I'll call you back".

Most business voice mail greetings say the name of the business so you know you're leaving a message for the right folks.....

I called them at 352-835-8677 and got no answer. The voice mail greeting was something like "hey, leave a message and I'll call you back".

Most business voice mail greetings say the name of the business so you know you're leaving a message for the right folks.....

I googled them here The scoop on Sunrise Scuba and called the same number you did Brian. I got an answer but I don't think it was a business, :D seems I bothered a grumpy old man! :) Who knows? :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
Hmmm, that number is in the BBB's database as being "the" number as well:

Sunrise Scuba | BBB Review | Spring Hill, FL

I saw that on the BBB as well. I think I'm going to bow out of this thread and just watch from the sidelines. The least said is always the easiest mended... We have to get together and dive someday Brian. :palmtree: Bob

You are so far off based it is almost amusing. As for the lawsuit, that may or may not happen, it might just put him out of business and protect someone just like yourself. I wouldn't consider that frivolous. Unless you find your life or others worthless?????????? Lastly, the guy is a dive shop owner, seriously just how rich do you think he is?
:shakehead:

Maybe this is just a troll post in the first place. Maybe there is no sunrise scuba.

Its no troll. I know the guy that started the thread. I have also seen the video of the fill problems. Its legit. I'm not big on lawsuits and think a lot of people do it for all the wrong reasons but I think this one is good. Someone could have been hurt or even killed and that is nothing to take lightly in any way. So I will stand behind him. I know nothing about sunrise scuba but having seen the video and knowing the people involved if we are picking sides then I am on theirs. Fight on Salmonboy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom