Sunrise Scuba, Spring Hill FL lawsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Salmonboy97

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am currently looking for divers who got air fills at Sunrise Scuba in Spring Hill, Florida who suspect (or know) they got bad fills there.
Please this is a VERY serious matter, if you know ANYONE who has done business with Sunrise Scuba please alert them to this thread and contact me ASAP if they suspect they have been breathing contaminated compressed air.
I will pay for a visual inspection of your cylinders to determine if you are eligible to participate in a potential class action lawsuit.

Last edited:
The video is being shared with my dive buds who are in close confidence and NOT the general public. I dont really want to publish my story to the entire internet at this time.

I am currently looking for divers who got air fills at Sunrise Scuba in Spring Hill, Florida who suspect (or know) they got bad fills there.
Please this is a VERY serious matter, if you know ANYONE who has done business with Sunrise Scuba please alert them to this thread and contact me ASAP if they suspect they have been breathing contaminated compressed air.
I will pay for a visual inspection of your cylinders to determine if you are eligible to participate in a class action lawsuit.

Please forgive my question,but.. How do you know if your air is contaminated and how does it make someone feel???

It can smell and taste funny. Bad air can do something as small as a minor headache or get as serious as a really bad trip to the hospital. When in doubt don't breath it. Everyone should do themselves a favor and check for the certification of the air system of their local dive shop. If its a reputable shop they should have no issue showing the cert. For that matter most will have it hanging on the wall. Remember that is your life support underwater. Some things should not be chanced. Better safe than sorry.

Please forgive my question,but.. How do you know if your air is contaminated and how does it make someone feel???

In my experience, the air tasted like I was licking an old rubber hose. Very bitter, but it didnt make my head feel too awful. My stomach was another question, it was doing flip-flops at about 90'. I terminated the dive early. I knew right away there was a problem and where it came from but I didnt know how bad it was until last week when I opened a few cylinders for a visual!
Inhaling compressor oil can cause neumonia serious enough to kill you. Compressor oil in a cylinder can also cause an explosion when intoduced to 100% O2 while partial pressure blending nitrox. Everyone near these cylinders is lucky it wasnt fatal.

So, you wont share your story, but you will trash a dive shop by name on the internet. hmmmmm?????

In my experience, the air tasted like I was licking an old rubber hose. Very bitter, but it didnt make my head feel too awful. My stomach was another question, it was doing flip-flops at about 90'. I terminated the dive early. I knew right away there was a problem and where it came from but I didnt know how bad it was until last week when I opened a few cylinders for a visual!
Inhaling compressor oil can cause neumonia serious enough to kill you. Compressor oil in a cylinder can also cause an explosion when intoduced to 100% O2 while partial pressure blending nitrox. Everyone near these cylinders is lucky it wasnt fatal.

That's scary!! Now I really understand why in ow classes they tell you to smell the air in the tanks!! I'm so sorry to hear what you went through. Hope you and Robin are ok now. I guess you won't be getting your air filled there anymore.

You do realize that you'll need an impartial 3rd party to VIP your tanks for compressor oil as you have a vested interest.

I would also imagine it would be difficult to prove that the LDS compressor is to only possible source of contamination.

So, you wont share your story, but you will trash a dive shop by name on the internet. hmmmmm?????

I don't see where Salmonboy is trashing the dive shop?

He's giving divers in the area a warning, and offering to pay for a visual inspection of there tanks if they suspect they have breathing contaminated bad air from this shop.

Wouldn't you do the same if your local shop did the same thing especially considering the consequences could be fatal?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom