Sunday June 19 - Official MedFlame03 day at Blue Heron Bridge - & Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there and I'll bring some sliced pineapples

Just looked at the weather report for this weekend and it doesn't look good 50% chance of thunder storms :( everyone keep your fingers crossed for good weather.
Ha!

That is the forecast from mid June through mid September :)

Hey everyone looks like my plans to dive with everyone at BHB this weekend will be canceled,Just got a call from my sister in Pa my mother has been fighting for months now with stage 4 cancer and doctors said tumor is larger now so there isn't much time left.I am booking a flight to PA.I hope that I will be able to join you all soon,If there is anyone that dives it on a regular basis let me know I can drive down for the weekend and join you.Have a great dive and take some pics

CoolTech-- SOOOooo what time is this event? Someone mentioned early like breakfast time to get there? Is parking a PITA there? I only went in winter and it was wid open then.

CoolTech-- SOOOooo what time is this event? Someone mentioned early like breakfast time to get there? Is parking a PITA there? I only went in winter and it was wid open then.

It could be a parking problem if you show up at 11....
If anyone can't park in normal spaces, do not try to use the boat trailer spaces, as the local cops have been having CARS towed for this.
Closest safe parking is really at the Ocean Mall , which is east down the road beyond the BHB, right at the turn/bend you can see in the distance while driving down the bridge.
It is free, but far enough so that you would have to dump your gear off first, leave it with a friend, and then go park. The walk is really not that big a deal.It is just inconveniant--the reason to show up early if you can :)

We'll grab a pavillion in the morning and everyone can gather there before or after the dive...
Shaping up to be an excellent event!

Updated head count: 20-25

Bringing:
CoolTech = Case of water, a dozen burgers and buns to match! (Jim)
divedivadm = Mac & Cheese (Carol)
jimw = appetite (Jim)
D2Diver = Peel-n-eat Shrimp with cocktail sauce (Deb)
Fisheyeview = Hot dogs & Buns (Scott)
Joysershell = tuna/seashell salad (Joyce)
Divebob8 = Reeb, soda and case of water & world famous "Kitchen Sink Cookies. (Bob)
Usemylungs +1 = Fried Chicken, Potato Salad (Gabe and Rebecca)
jet126 = veggie platter and secret recipe dill dip (Joanie)
Lives4Sharks = I was thinking of making a few pies for the party (Carolyn)
rox@ucf11 = some friends (rox?)
tasdiver & netmage = plates/napkins/utensils/cups (other as needed - Tim & Terri)
jbop65 = too many tanks (John) will be missed
brucetrinity = check back in next week (Bruce?)
pafindr = sliced pineapples

One thing missing that I noticed: Cooler of ice

Don't forget:
Bring your folding chairs
sun screen
mur

----

Shaping up to be a great weekend of diving. It will be great to see all our old diving friends and our new diving friends alike

Official Troll Tide is 11:33 AM Plan your dive accordingly. I will be getting Karen's gear down to the water right around 10:30 AM. I want to take her out away from the bridge for a gear check, buoyancy and trim check (She's never been in salt water and she only has cold water experience)

@ Eric,
The event starts when you arrive :) The party starts after the dive. We'll have an afternoon picnic and everyone can enjoy the afternoon into the evening

@ jbop65,
We'll miss you, but this is not the only one for the year. Nor is it required that I be the one to set it up. Anyone can do this, and it doesn't take 20+ divers to make it fun... Just a few divers you dive with regularly can make the day pretty darned good with a picnic out here

@ Dan,
If Brownies Tooka is something you'd like to have at the party, feel free to invite them.

@ Everyone,
You know the weather can turn on a dime this time of year in Florida. It can be sunny with a small cloud in the distance and 5 minutes later you could be in gusts of 60 with giant hail... Welcome to Summer!

I will be there to procure a pavilion right around 8 AM. If someone beats me to the park, we have always been able top get Pavilion 3 (right next to the bathrooms), and it has worked out great for us in the past.

Take a look at our pot luck and if there is a shortage of something, just let the thread know you will be bringing it!

See you on Sunday!

So what are we short party planners. I pretty much only make meat on the grill and rice so make it something I can buy from Publix or it ain't happening from this bacholer. I intend to get there early then and hang out. Maybe I'll toss a line in the water and see if I can get lucky for a lunch fish to swim by.

Lots of people are sleeping in their cars in the parking lot at MMC. Lot cheaper than camping. Pennecamp is close, but not cheap.. and might not have sites if you have not reserved already. Thanks for helping the whales. :thumb:

Sleep in cars in the middle of June? There is not enough bourbon in Kentucky to prepare me for that.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom