Closed Dive Rite NiTek Duo dive computer

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Dive Rite NiTek Duo dive computer that I bought in 2008. It is in a DSS bungee mount. It takes a CR2032 3v Li battery. I last changed the battery in August 2017, it is low but still operating with correct time and date.
1707167065801.png

I am offering this computer for free, but would really like it to go to someone who may be having difficulty in affording a dive computer. I will ship the computer by USPS at my cost.

If you feel you meet my criteria, send me information by direct message. I have the owner's manual in a PDF and would be able to forward that also.

Have you considered donating it to DiveHeart?

It seems I may have set my sights a bit high and have not received any replies for my giveaway computer.

If you will give this computer a good home and it would be useful to you or your family, let me know and it is yours.

Blast from the past!! I dove this exact computer setup for many years up until I bought my first Shearwater Petrel. I started diving with an Aeris Atmos 2, moved to a Nitek Duo, and then finally onto Shearwaters in 2012. Dive #357 on 11/17/2012 was my first dive with a Shearwater.

This is a generous offer as this is a fantastic computer. Someone take Craig up on his offer!!

An anecdote;

A friend one was cleaning out his garage and had a bunch of tires and wheels he wanted to get rid of. He put them out on the street with a “free” sign, after a week of them sitting there no takers. I suggested he put a sign on them “for sale, $50 each” he did and the next day they were all gone.

:wink:

Wait, there's more...

I went rummaging through the scuba drawer and found the USB download cable for the computer. I also found the NitekLogic logging software on CD. I would be surprised if the logging software would still run. It was quite good back in the day and included direct submission to DAN Project Dive Exploration. However, the computer may be downloadable to something like Subsurface or other logging software. I also found the instructions for the download cradle. I will include these items with the computer. An interesting challenge for someone in addition to a nice computer.

1707403530330.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom