Sunday June 19 - Official MedFlame03 day at Blue Heron Bridge - & Party!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, when is everyone meeting? High tide's at 11:33~, I figure ill plan to get there around 10 and be in the water around 10:45.

I do not plan to dive. I can get there as early as needed to watch our area/stuff. Tall Guy is not coming so I'm bringing Irmy, my 13-year-old pup, to keep me company and help guard. What do you think, Jim? Is 8:30 too late a start? There were folks there at 6:30 already staking out spots on Mem Day and this is Father's day.

I will be there around 9:00 am. I am driving down to Key Largo saturday morning to spend the afternoon helping the Pilot whales in the keys then Camp out at one of the camp grounds I figure about a 2 1/2 hour drive back up from the keys to West Palm.Still thinking what to bring but I am sure I will come up with something.Looking forward to my first dive at Blue Heron.

Lots of people are sleeping in their cars in the parking lot at MMC. Lot cheaper than camping. Pennecamp is close, but not cheap.. and might not have sites if you have not reserved already. Thanks for helping the whales. :thumb:

HEY -- Look at that I was away from SB for a month or so and came back in time to catch this. I am starting my June Florida Vacation on the 18th (which is my birthday) and this will be a nice way to spend a Sunday and within my BUDGET since not only have I been subject to a wage / rank freeze Rick Scott actually CUT MY PAY by 3%. Unless something wierd happens I'll be there.

Jenny from my understanding the place has changed a few rules over the last week,they now are not letting people sleep in tents or in their cars there,seems they are being investigated for some rule breaking.Not to mention of the 3 whales left I believe 300 or 301 is really ill and they really need to let her go,she is barley breathing, shallow breaths and she passed a worm that was 8 inches long,also the shock treatment isn't working as well,We do know the baby will head to Sea world and be in captivity for the rest of its life.Anyhow in case your wondering No I dont support whales or dolphins in Captivity I'm against it,It is sad that all the Pilot whales beached themselves maybe one day we will have a better understanding why they do this,but until then all whales belong free....

Ok two quick questions for the scuba board members that have dove BHB,
first with that many divers in the water at one time will each one of us need a dive flag?
Also is the water temp warm enough for a rash guard and swim suit or do I need a wetsuit?
Also please add Fruit platter with dip for what we are bringing
Thanks again for the help
can't wait to dive.
John

Each group of divers needs a flag. The water temp will be around 80F, suit up accordingly--some will wear a 3/5 mil, others skins or going nekkid

I'd like to hear from some of you guys as to if this would be fun for you or not, but I was going to suggest the dive Shop --Pura Vida, ( a few hundred yards north on the Island) that they should bring a Tooka unit to the bridge ...and take your Non-Diving friends or family on some underwater experiences at the BHB ( for free--demo). This is something they wil be doing for the Hilton on Singer Island, on weekdays ( NOT on the weekends) ... see Brownie's Tooka Diving Gallery for a better idea of what I am talking about.... Brownie's Tooka Diving Gallery

So I guess the question would be, are many of you bringing any non-diving friends or family that have always been afraid to have a tank on their back, but at the same time, have had an interest in the underwater marvels we see at the briidge ??? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom