Suggestions for Diver Tool Kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Price of a water-resistant box...
$65.

Complete set of scuba tools and spares...
$137.

Buddies who pack an entire hardware store for every dive trip...
Priceless.

Abandon the adjustable wrenches and multi-tools - these things are the spawn of the devil useful for rounding nuts or scratching chrome.

Although I agree with the rest of your post, I find that a quality adjustable wrench and/or multi-tool used properly is acceptable. I rarely use them in my home shop, but I have been known to use them effectively on the road. It also depends on one's talent as a mechanic, some folks have been known to do irreparable damage with proper tools.

With three divers traveling togather, a spare reg set might be a thought over the longer run.

Bob

I can break an anvil with a rubber mallet.

adjustable wrenches are a perfectly acceptable emergency tool. But if I'm building a kit for me then ain't none in there.

And a spare reg set always goes with me. Easiest thing is to swap and go.

In terms of hoses, this adaptor turns a spare LP hose into a spare inflator hose.
DGX Adapter: Turns LP Reg Hose into BC Inflator Hose

Spare webbing. I realized this was missing from my kit after pantomiming how to slice me out of my rig with a ceramic cutter and cutting some bungee as it it wasn't there. (spare bungee I had, but not spare webbing)

+1 on spare reg set, I loaned the second stage to a buddy.

Reactions: gbf
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom