Standalone monitor bus/OBOE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So, when/if can we hope to have a standalone monitor bus unit/OBOE so those of us that dive both mCCR's and eCCR's can use the same monitor devices on each?
No reason to leave an expensive, dated, unreliable connector on the market if you can make a standalone box to allow use of divecan monitors on analog units

It would be nice to have one computer I could connect to my O2ptima or one of my Kiss units. There's quite a pile of Shearwater products in my gear room!

Unfortunately we are not setup to support that kind of business with end users. At this time there are no plans to support home builds or alterations to OEMs beyond those already offered by the OEMs as options. Sorry guys.

@Shearwater
fair enough. Didn't say it's not possible though, so that gives hope. Now to work with some OEM buddies and see if we can't figure something out

And Fisher connectors too!

talked with @Shearwater earlier, and instead of the hardwired models, they've followed suit with Revo and have gone to a 4-pin subconn. If you want to stay analog with the NERD2 and avoid Fischers that's a much better option. Hopefully the marketing team can keep pushing those and ditch the Fischer for good sooner rather than later

Part #12513 - "NERD 2 Analog 4-pin AK with extension cable set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom