St Andrews Jetties 07/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son

Contributor
Reaction score
Go up early to hitch a ride with Bil. Plan was to get 2 tanks in. His friend Mark met us there.

Water is 86 top to bottom. Wore swim suit & T shirt for both dives. Have sea urchin in one knee as a result, LOL

Viz was the best I've ever seen it there, 30 feet or more & blue for the first tank. For the 2nd the tide peaked & was turning, viz still good but not as good as the first. We found one octopus, lots of large grouper, jewfish, horseshoe crabs, lookdowns, permits, flounder, spotted eagle rays, spanish mackerel, 2 inch long baby barracuda, sheeps head, tons of stuff. One species of small fish I think the females are all preggers, as I saw lots of swollen bellies on them, which they weren't on the 4th.

Sea weed is breaking loose & washing up now, but not so much as to be a bother during the dives.

46 minutes, 68FSW max depth on first drop, 45 minutes 70FSW max on 2nd.

Stopped by Pat's shop to get my tanks filled, he has a nice new air station up & running. Banked air & nitrox, with helium available for tech divers.

Was well worth getting up at 0345 to make the trip down.

The destin jetty was horrible Sunday! The water was clear but it had seaweed/slimey alge in it super thick. I didn't get in the water because every diver coming out of the water said it wasn't worth the hike.

Thanks for the report!

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for the report! That is my absolute favorite shore dive. Last July I got to spend it diving with my son Andy who made is 100th dive there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom