Springtime Meet & Greet - Saturday 04/04/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H! Is anyone driving down to the M&G from SF just for the day? I'd love to carpool.

I live near San Mateo with easy access to the 280 or 101 or I could even meet in San Jose. I'd be glad to drive or join another car. My car has plenty of room for gear.

We were/are planning on coming down for some Monterey diving this weekend, but the weather is not cooperating.

(edit)

Those are some big swells made even bigger with wind waves. If it stays like that I am not going to bother driving down, let alone spending the night. Who is doing the weather dance?

I would like to spend more time hiking Point Lobos and taking photos, but not for two days...I wanna dive too!

I saw this today:
FRI
NW WINDS 15 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 8 TO 12 FT.

Yeah, I am hoping that the current report changes too as, quite honestly, I would love to simply sleep in on Saturday if the conditions are going to be rough. THAT BEING SAID - we'll touch base on Friday at about noontime and see what it is looking like.

Because of this and some other things going on in my life, I changed my Reef Check re-cert date to next month. So that means I will be able to make it to the M&G afterall! :D

Wetsand's site shows the prediction thru the weekend and it looks like they're predicting the swells to calm down a lot by Sat.

WetSand SwellWatch 3D - Surf Report and Forecast

My buddy and I dove on Sunday and between the wind and the surge, protected McAbee became Wanton Soup and we were in it at the bottom, just getting stirred and stirred with a huge wooden spoon.

You could tell that the water was clear but the debris and sand made it horrible 2-3 feet of viz, I'm hopping that all of this calms downs by Saturday and leaves just calm clear seas, okay I'm being to ideal but hey just hoping for the best.

I don't want to dive Wanton soup again...

MG

H! Is anyone driving down to the M&G from SF just for the day? I'd love to carpool.

I live near San Mateo with easy access to the 280 or 101 or I could even meet in San Jose. I'd be glad to drive or join another car. My car has plenty of room for gear.

I am sorry to hear you won't be with us the entire weekend.
I am riding down with Justin and Mike mill, Now if you need I can ride my Crotch-rocket and pick you up....

I do have an extra helmet, I wont go to fast... just 80 too 100 MPH??:D

I look forward to meeting you Kathy.

Now if you need I can ride my Crotch-rocket and pick you up....I do have an extra helmet, I wont go to fast... just 80 too 100 MPH??:D
I look forward to meeting you Kathy.

Hee hee hee! Now that sounds like FUN!! No coffee needed that morning :D:D:D!!!
Chatting with mikeguerrero to share a ride - Plenty of room if anyone else wants to join.

My buddy and I dove on Sunday and between the wind and the surge, protected McAbee became Wanton Soup and we were in it at the bottom, just getting stirred and stirred with a huge wooden spoon.

You could tell that the water was clear but the debris and sand made it horrible 2-3 feet of viz, I'm hopping that all of this calms downs by Saturday and leaves just calm clear seas, okay I'm being to ideal but hey just hoping for the best.

I don't want to dive Wanton soup again...

MG

Out of curiosity what was the deepest you two made it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom