Springtime Meet & Greet - Saturday 04/04/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, worse case scenario - we get in 1 crappy dive and then we call it a day, hang out in some sunshine and have some fun together, go home, rinse gear. :) Looks like it is going to be sunny and about high 50s, low 60s on Saturday down there. Mind you, some people are driving further than me, but still - I am planning on going. :)

Well, worse case scenario - we get in 1 crappy dive and then we call it a day, hang out in some sunshine and have some fun together, go home, rinse gear. :) Looks like it is going to be sunny and about high 50s, low 60s on Saturday down there. Mind you, some people are driving further than me, but still - I am planning on going. :)

I agree. Even if diving isn't ideal, I'll still enjoy the nice weather and good company in Monterey. I'm planning to be there too.

I don't think the predictions are all that bad and it usually gets better closer to the weekend. I've had great dives with worse conditions than this. Not sure which buoy you're looking at Peter, but this is what I see for outside the bay.

PZZ560-012215-
PIGEON POINT TO POINT PINOS

SAT
NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W 5 TO 10 KT.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. NW SWELL 7 TO 10 FT.

Same buoy Michelle.

Ron I know you have a ton of dives in the area. There are also a lot of newer divers on this thread that need to understand the conditions are not prime. Many highly experienced people like Chuck always recommend looking at the offshore buoy to get a better idea of what is really going on. I too have found it helps determine conditions.

You are not allowed to compare Lobos to anywhere else around either :D

You are not allowed to compare Lobos to anywhere else around either :D

I didn't get a copy of the rules. sorry:D

I'm just sayin. if were planning on staying around BW, or Macabee. I think the bay report should be fine. I also look at the same report you did, but I don't want to scare away folks. I normally use the prediction for outside the bay when were taking the boat out.

Don't worry folks I leave the state again next week so prime conditions will return soon:wink:

Michelle Tuesdays report for L*** (sorry gotta break the rules) Was NW at 6-9 feet.
didn't turn out too bad. I'm going Saturday, hope to see you there!

I'll be there, swells or no swells. I'm looking forward to seeing you, Carrie and the rest of the gang. :D

Have fun at the M&G guys. I'm sure things will turn out well (the predictions have already been revised down from 7-14ft as of yesterday)! As always, first Saturdays of the month are pre-arranged Lobos days for me, so at this rate I'll never make a M&G :~(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom