Springtime Meet & Greet - Saturday 04/04/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron,

Pt Lobos registered on my computer on both dives down at depth 65 feet, 48 degrees... Mike Mill froze his a?? off but made both dives...

I remember when I dove Pt Lobos last time with Dhammer in January wet, I was in 13mm core and about 25 minutes into the dive I started to get really cold...

My feet were numb in my boots on the way back to the cove, but since going dry I am really comfortable beyond belief, especially with my Argon, cheat the cold, gas of the Gods.... :)

MG

Last edited:
Nice Mike, can I borrow a shot of Argon?

Ron,

I have tried Argon and Air, Argon is just superior for the cold. When I used air I got a cold blast of air in my drysuit. When using Argon it feels like room temp air hitting your body.

I don't even have to use a lot, I got 3 good dives out of a 6cf tank with 1,000 psi still in the bottle.

Once you go dry you never go wet, once you go Argon you never go air... I wonder what is next...

Maybe once you go Brewski as an instructor you never go Ernst, ? I don't know, I will have to ask Mike Mill on this one? :)

MG

As a personal preference I've developed over the years I like to rotate between instructors and mentors. Each person focuses on different things and have different ways of doing whatever. So by learning from many different people you can develop your own style/method.

Plus it keeps them from getting tired of my ass.

As a personal preference I've developed over the years I like to rotate between instructors and mentors. Each person focuses on different things and have different ways of doing whatever. So by learning from many different people you can develop your own style/method.

Plus it keeps them from getting tired of my ass.

I think that is a very wise way to go Mike, As you are very correct we all do things a little different and have different views on stuff!

Maybe once you go Brewski as an instructor you never go Ernst, ? I don't know, I will have to ask Mike Mill on this one?

MG

Careful Mike...

The way I see it with you......It looks to me like YOU are in need of both Instructors!:D

Maybe once you go Brewski as an instructor you never go Ernst, ? I don't know, I will have to ask Mike Mill on this one?

MG

Careful Mike...

The way I see it with you......It looks to me like YOU are in need of both Instructors!:D

Jim,

You are being too kind, I'm in need of not two instructors but the entire PADI organization... :D Get this kid out of the ocean and back into the pool!!!

MG
p.s
Jim is not uncommon to hire two instructors at the same time? Has it been done before for any type of training? Just curious...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom