Spring Diving at Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just spent all weekend trying to get my carbs ungunked,it is amazing how crudded up they can get over 8 months of non use. The good news is lake Hartwell is filled up again,had about 5 ft of water at the end of the dock. Some tool stole my boat trailer,so I will not be able to bring it back to Lanier until I can find a new one. I might be up for a dive at West bank on Saturday,still have two full tanks.

How big is your boat, I may have a Sun tracker trailer you can borrow.

Now that's a true Loonely Bird !!!

the K

My boat is a 20 footer,I cannot find a decent deal on a pontoon trailer. All I have found have been 1700-1800 dollars,insurance covered 1000 dollars.

Well it will fit Length wise. Mine is for my 24'. You are welcome to use it to get your boat to where ever you need to. My boat is on a wet slip for the year so the trailer is just sitting in my yard. I don't think I am pulling my boat out for a while so you are welcome to use it till you find another.

Thanks for the offer Jason,I see you are no longer a dive master wannabe,congrats on finishing your dive master course. Are you planning on getting your instructor certification ? We need to go diving sometime soon. Are any of the birds planning on going to the springfest at Vortex springs at the end of the month?

Danny, Maloney & I went diving this weekend around the flat creek area. The new 7 mills worked great. Very worm and the water was 55* and viz was about 3’. We cruised around and found 1 anchor, about a 13lb. It looked to have been down there for some time but will clean up. We went down to 35’ looking for one that we know was lost last year and it was getting dark and we only had one flashlight so we decided to give that up. In all a good day.

I would get flashlights for all,it makes a big difference in being able to keep track of each other,especially when the vis is not so good. I can usually see the light at about twice the distance I can without lights,it helps round the strays back up. also if you are leading a dive you will not have to look back so much,you will see their light beams moving around in front of you. As soon as this rain moves out I think I am going down to westbank park and get a few dives in,also plan on going out on a buddies boat saturday if the weather will permit.

I don't have anything planned this weekend if folks want to get together somewhere for a dive or two! I would still love to take a look at the racetrack site...

Mike

Would anyone be interested in getting their feet wet somewhere in the area (White Haven, Lanier, etc.) the weekend after next (24th/25th?). I've got a trip to the keys in a few weeks and would like to go out an get a primer before hitting Florida.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom