Spring Diving at Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the vis at 2 mile creek,I have dove at the mouth of 6 mile before and off the sister islands but usually the further north I am,the worse the vis is. I dove up at Clarks bridge 1 time and the vis was horrible about 6 inchs,aborted after about 5 minutes.

It was about 5-10 feet depending on depth. From the boat ramp we went out almost due south to the forest at about 40 feet and back

If anyone dives near the boat ramp at Two Mile Park anytime soon and finds a TUSA Zoom Split fin. It's mine and I will pay a small reward if found. Thanks to Mike Ault and Jim Little for looking for it for me.
Next time, I will be more careful and won't be Dork the Diver.
It was good to get in the water though and meet two great guys like Mike and Jim.
Looking forward to getting together again for some more dives.

Mike, I have my reg. in at Divers Supply for service to find out why it free flowed. It should be back in 3-4 weeks. Lanier can sure dirty up a regulator.

Hopefully it just needs a cleaning. I'm thinking I may have got some mud in my drysuit exhaust so I am going to check it out.

Mike

I checked out some HOG Tech fins at Divers Supply yesterday to replace the TUSA Zooms These are cheaper than the TUSAs and are probably more suited for dry suit diving. More power and thrust from a classic Jet-Fin design.
Looking forward to getting them and trying them out on our next dive.

I have a set of turtle fins I am getting ready to sell,they are size xxl. They are a jetfin copy without the huge foot pockets of the xxl jets.

You ever see a xxl jet,you could park a compact car in one,my size 14s fit in the turtle with 5 mill boots on.

Mark
How are you getting to the cove? Do you have your pontoon on a trailer or do you have it at a dock? Danny and I have been talking about getting back in the water soon. Danny was in this past weekend playing with one of those underwater battery powered motor things with handles? He got it new at an auction down the street. But we want to start diving about mid April. I should have my runabout going by then and we can meet at the cove. I dove there several times last year and found 7 anchors in one day. That was a good day. Lots and lots of sunglasses and golf balls. We even found a remote control helicopter one day.

So let get together mid April and I can meet you there or maybe we can rid out together. We need to get Burg out there. Burg, you have spent too much time at 2 mile. Time to venture out into some of the unknowns.

I will start watching the board more that the weather is getting better.

Carl

Carl,

Hey, I have been looking to try diving in Lake Lanier. I live in Cumming & would possibly be interested in tagging along. Here is my situation:

I got certified back in 2007 and consider myself probably a beginner. I have only done some diving in the Caribbean & Pelham, AL so far. I loved it so I want to really get into diving more regularly now & make it a true hobby. Also want to start branching out and trying other places. I have none of my own equipment yet (except mask & snorkel) so I will probably have to rent it for now. There is a local Scuba shop in Cumming that I have gone to several times that I like so will probably be one on my list for equipment renting.

I also want to start networking up with some people locally since I am the only one in my group of friends/family who Scuba dive so I need some partners in order to do any kind of diving at this point. Dive Haven up I-75 is another location I have been curious about and would like to try with others this summer if possible. If interested, post here or PM me and we can talk further. Thanks

Mitch
Mitch
Keep up with what we have going on and see if you can slip in one day when we get together. Talk with the shop by you and see what it would take to get outfitted. Just keep in mind, you canÃÕ see much, its cold deep down and itÃÔ all mud. Finding the booty is where it gets fun.

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom