Spring Diving at Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiltwalker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey Guys and Gals
Has anybody been in the lake this year? Since its starting to worm up I have been getting the itch to try out my new 7 Mill. I was reading some of the threads and the vis should be better since the water is cold and there is no boat traffic. I guess the rain doesnÃÕ help much though. I'm just trying to get this place cranked up. As soon as the sun can worm me up I will get in the water. :D

Carl

Carl,

Hey, I have been looking to try diving in Lake Lanier. I live in Cumming & would possibly be interested in tagging along. Here is my situation:

I got certified back in 2007 and consider myself probably a beginner. I have only done some diving in the Caribbean & Pelham, AL so far. I loved it so I want to really get into diving more regularly now & make it a true hobby. Also want to start branching out and trying other places. I have none of my own equipment yet (except mask & snorkel) so I will probably have to rent it for now. There is a local Scuba shop in Cumming that I have gone to several times that I like so will probably be one on my list for equipment renting.

I also want to start networking up with some people locally since I am the only one in my group of friends/family who Scuba dive so I need some partners in order to do any kind of diving at this point. Dive Haven up I-75 is another location I have been curious about and would like to try with others this summer if possible. If interested, post here or PM me and we can talk further. Thanks

Mitch

Hey, guys I plan on making it up to Lanier at Two Mile Creek either Sat. a.m. or Sun. p.m. to get wet in my drysuit. I've got to get my tank filled and a new battery for my computer and some more weights and I'll be lovin it!!
If you can make it, OK. I'll let you know how it is.
DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!

Let me know which day and I'll be there. Picking up 2 singles and two sets of doubles that have just been re-vipped and filled. Also, I'll be dropping off some of my underwater shots at the new Atlanta Scuba locaiton (the old Sea Sports locaiton) stop by and have a look!

Mike

Go North on 400 to exit 17. Take a right. Go until you get to the Browns Bridge Rd. intersection. Take a right. Stay on Browns Bridge Rd. until you see the sign for Bethel Rd. It will be about 4-6 miles after you leave the intersection. Take a right on Bethel Rd. stay on until you deadend into Two Mile Creek Park. I don't know exactly what day I'll be there yet. I have some things to get squared away first. If I don't make it for some reason, try to meet up with Stiltwalker. He lives on the Lake.

I got in two dives thursday at cocktail cove. Went on a treasure hunting adventure,the booty is as follows,1 pink cell phone,I was proud of that one,my first,3 pairs of crappy sunglasses,about 10 golfballs,I dont even know how they got out as far as I was,and one nice anchor with rope. The water was good vis for cocktail cove,about 10 ft or so,and the temps were about high 50s-low 60s,cool but not bad in the 7 mill. I did have a big adventure diving my set of doubles for the first time off the boat,only my second dive with them,I was messed up worse than a cat in a carfan,but I finally got everything sorted out and got a few good dives in. I am out of work right now so my diving schedule is wide open,anyone ready to dive let me know,I plan on getting plenty of bottom time in until I get back working again,did not get too many dives in last year due to very high gas prices and working out of town alot but that is going to change this year. THE POOL IS OPEN AND THE WATER FEELS GREAT. We need to get back doing the dive and dines and get to meet some of the new looney birds,burn some meat and get a few dives in.

Want to meet us at 2-mile tomorrow at 10?

I should be over to the left in the cove as you circle around the road through Park. I'll be in a black Toyota Camry parked at one of the picnic tables.
I'm going to stay shallow considering it's my first dive since the summer and just going to work on getting my dry suit trimmed out with my new undergarments and doing some skills work. I tried the suit at the end of last summer and floated like a cork with these undies. I picked up some more weights at Divers Supply so I should be able to get under like I want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom