Spring Diving at Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone diving this weekend (assuming we aren't getting flooded)?

In the lake, not usually. Sometimes it is even better than normal.

I'm dry docked until my reg. gets back from repair. Probably mid-April. The turn around time just jumped to 4 weeks. It's that time of year.
I did pick up my new fins yesterday. HOG Tech fins. Looks like a bigger version of my old ScubaPro Jet Fins. Can't wait to try them out.
Looks like a wash out anyway at Lanier this weekend. The level should really come up now.

Hey, Borg . . .

I've got a reg set you can borrow if need be.

the K

Burg
We need to have a hunt for your fin. How deep was the area that you lost it in? They cost to much to just leave. Who knows, we might find some good stuff if its around the boat ramp.

Carl

It is only in about 5-10 feet of water, but as soon as you start looking viz goes to zero. We covered the area pretty good, but the more the merrier!

You guys are great! You got to love the 'birds!

Thank you very much anyway K, I've got my LP hose on the reg for my dry suit and my AERIS computer Quick-detach hose.
Plus, I'm ordering some more lighter undergarments next week like the kind you recommended. One of the reasons I tripped and fell over and lost the fin was that the undergarment I was wearing was about 1-2" thick. Really, far too buoyant for my own good. I was like the Michelin man in the water on the surface.
Carl, if get over there, it was lost about 40-70 feet to the right of the boat ramp about 10 feet from shore in about 5-10ft. of water. If you find it. I'll buy you or any one else a steak dinner!!
It's black with spring straps. It would be great if you found it. It is probably further out in the cove now because of wave action near the shore.
Looks like this weekend is a big wash anyway.
Thanks, guys.

I'm going to try and do a dive this weekend at the cove or Big Creek. Does anybody have any plans on diving this weekend in Lanier? The weather shows rain on Friday but who knows. The weather changes daily around here. I’m off Friday and my kids are on spring break. It will be my son Danny, his girlfriend and of curse I. It will be our first dive of the year. Time to try out the new 7 mills.

Carl

I sold my pontoon boat yester. Not sure how I will get to the cove now. My ski boat needs the carb rebuilt. I guess I need to get started.

Anybody going this weekend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom