Split fins or Blade fins

Split fins or Blades

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just curious, are there more split fins or blade fins in use? If you have the split fins, have you tried the blade fins or vise versa? What are you going to stick with?

I tried force fins (separate category), and despite having a strong following in the diving community, I do believe that force fins suck. Split fins all the way!

The fins I have are rather a hybrid of the 2, although probably considered a blade fin. I have Genisis Response fins. They have rigid, yet somewhat flexible outer edges & flanks & a soft rubber web in the middle. The rubber web allows the fin to flex even more like a split fin. So you have the best of both worlds. The rigidity for power & the flexibility for the ease on the leg muscles.

Started with paddles, tried splits, RAN back to paddles! Splits are floppy feeling to mem and offer me no sense of control or precision. I'll stick with my Jets!

How about "Tried 'em all, prefer simple paddle."
But any fin'll do if it means a dive :)
Rick

Still have my old Blade fins, tried splits, then got long fins (a la freediving)
and will race anyone any ol day. :D

I'll bust out my old blades when on a lazy dive when I dont wannna be kicking my neighbors, like on a photo shoot under a local bridge,

but if I'm hunting bugs and wanna cover some ground ... longfins. I own 3 pair.

I am wondering why 9 people so far, have absolutely no desire to see the otherside. How can you know which you prefer without trying both?

Me personally I fell in love with Apollo Bio-Fins, and I don't think I will ever switch them for another fin. I find them extremely comfortable and more efficient than any other fin I have used.

Trinigordo:
I am wondering why 9 people so far, have absolutely no desire to see the otherside. How can you know which you prefer without trying both?

Split fins are dangerous in some environments. So those of us who dive in that environment have no used for them. I'd like to try a pair to see what all the fuss is about, but that's about all.

PerroneFord:
Split fins are dangerous in some environments. So those of us who dive in that environment have no used for them. I'd like to try a pair to see what all the fuss is about, but that's about all.

Ok, but how many people started diving in conditions like that? All I am saying is as a recreational diver before you are sold on either one, try them both.

Why can't you use them again? I mean, I have never done a frog kick before, but I am pretty sure split fins wouldn't stop you from doing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom