Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
Just got my new Gorilla Go-Sport fins. They are virtually identical to the standard version. The blade is stiffer but still snappy on the tip. The weight difference is negligible. I get 3.42 pounds for the standard size Large Go-Sport and 3.6 pounds for the Gorilla Go-Sport also size Large. So maybe the Best Fin Ever (BFE) just got even more better :). The weight is for a pair of fins.

Just got my new Gorilla Go-Sport fins. They are virtually identical to the standard version. The blade is stiffer but still snappy on the tip. The weight difference is negligible. I get 3.42 pounds for the standard size Large Go-Sport and 3.6 pounds for the Gorilla Go-Sport also size Large. So maybe the Best Fin Ever (BFE) just got even more better :).
Let us know when you dive them

Just got my new Gorilla Go-Sport fins. They are virtually identical to the standard version. The blade is stiffer but still snappy on the tip. The weight difference is negligible. I get 3.42 pounds for the standard size Large Go-Sport and 3.6 pounds for the Gorilla Go-Sport also size Large. So maybe the Best Fin Ever (BFE) just got even more better :).

Waiting for your report after you test them diving.

What color did you get btw?

Looking at these fins as well. Very interested to see if these are in-fact better than the original Go-Sport version.

I am headed back to Cozumel in a few weeks. I did use them in the pool today. Of course I was lap swimming, no scuba gear and camera. I still think the standard Go-Sports are just right and maybe these are a little more GO with no noticeable downside. Except they are only in black and for some reason orange. Like, why not blue? I would not recommend to run out and get a new Gorilla set if you are ready have the standard fins like I did but I have a thing for fins :wink:. Especially if you have blue Go-Sports, ha!

Just got my new Gorilla Go-Sport fins. They are virtually identical to the standard version. The blade is stiffer but still snappy on the tip. The weight difference is negligible. I get 3.42 pounds for the standard size Large Go-Sport and 3.6 pounds for the Gorilla Go-Sport also size Large. So maybe the Best Fin Ever (BFE) just got even more better :). The weight is for a pair of fins.

I think you've just cost me money.

I am headed back to Cozumel in a few weeks. I did use them in the pool today. Of course I was lap swimming, no scuba gear and camera. I still think the standard Go-Sports are just right and maybe these are a little more GO with no noticeable downside. Except they are only in black and for some reason orange. Like, why not blue? I would not recommend to run out and get a new Gorilla set if you are ready have the standard fins like I did but I have a thing for fins :wink:. Especially if you have blue Go-Sports, ha!

You had me at "blue"

I think you've just cost me money.
You are not the only one then… In all honesty though and much before these were launched and on my first dive trip with the new Go-Sports - I was surprised by how floppy they could get in the water and wondered if a just-so-slightly stiffer fin would be more to my liking… My prayers have been answered looks like … hoping to spot a pair on display in a dive shop on my trip!

You are not the only one then… In all honesty though and much before these were launched and on my first dive trip with the new Go-Sports - I was surprised by how floppy they could get in the water and wondered if a just-so-slightly stiffer fin would be more to my liking… My prayers have been answered looks like … hoping to spot a pair on display in a dive shop on my trip!
I feel you, I don't do floppy, after about two dives sold my RK3s.

I like DR XT stiff.

Just to be clear, I have never found my Go-Sports to be lacking and I have been in a lot of current. And some of my dive buddies are pretty good divers. And nobody is passing me up despite my camera. The only place they seem too flexible is when I am sitting still, we all see a turtle or shark or ray and I hammer them to get moving so as to get there first, lol. They buckle a little too much in the mid section just for that instant at a standing start but soon catch up and give me all the Go I have needed. To be fair, I have that same issue with Quattros, the buckling right at the end of the toe pocket.

Back
Top Bottom