Splashdown - Sunday April 9th Late Afternoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well my goodness, if the doc says yes tomorrow, Im definitely in.. How could I say no with this group of cuties.... I haven't seen KBeck in about a bizillion years, and have only heard great things about Waterbearer (btw, just talked to our good friend, he's enjoying himself in Africa :D ) Howarde, is your wife going to come too??.. Man, I wish we could get Kim, Jenny and Marvel going too, I miss my friends so much..

Ok so Im putting the horse before the buggy, its just been forever for me...

Hey, whose the DM? Hottie Kev?

Still thinking about it. I will check on hotels tomorrow after I c about a couple of things. I'll also see if OneSpeed is up for going as well. This may be a very full boat.

baitedstorm:
Well my goodness, if the doc says yes tomorrow, Im definitely in.. How could I say no with this group of cuties.... I haven't seen KBeck in about a bizillion years, and have only heard great things about Waterbearer (btw, just talked to our good friend, he's enjoying himself in Africa :D ) Howarde, is your wife going to come too??.. Man, I wish we could get Kim, Jenny and Marvel going too, I miss my friends so much..

I talked to him today as well! Yah, sounds like he's having a good time. He'll be down here before too long ya know and then we can all dive together... :wink:

baitedstorm:

Of course Michelle is going with us. I mentioned it to Marvel... She'll see.

Vickie - are you bringing your posse? :wink:

I believe Kevin will be there. Haven't seen him in like 2 weeks... He's been on the barge pumping sand and watching anchors bounce on the bottom.

KBeck:
Alright, with this crowd, how can I not go? I'll call today and reserve.........woohoo to howarde for the impromtu Conch dive planning!

What wreck is the first dive going to, so I might plan my mix? My guess is the Castor(?)

I'll bring my warming blankie and lots of hot chocolate......... :)
I was just on the phone with Capt Lynn - discussing that. It's not firm yet, so I guess since we're kind of taking over the boat, we can make the call.

There's the http://splashdowndivers.com/wrecks/mv_castor.htm Castor - which is way cooler than the pictures on their site. I have a more recent video (12-15-05) of the castor Here

or we could dive the Captain Tony - My Video from 2-10-06

32% would be good for Castor, while 36% would be good for the Tony.

ALSO - I would bring a flashlight, since it WILL be duskier after dive #2. We'll probably get OUT of the water around 7 or even 7:30 after the second dive... so Lynn suggested a Flashlight, and it's not a bad idea. I wouldn't go all out, and treat it like a night dive, but a light and/or glowstick would probably be good to help the captain see you after the drift.

If you're reserved, and you have a preference for the wreck... let me know, and I'll call it in by THURSDAY, so it's all square, and so that Kevin (who IS DM'ing) can prepare tanks for those that are using theirs. :D

howarde:
I was just on the phone with Capt Lynn - discussing that. It's not firm yet, so I guess since we're kind of taking over the boat, we can make the call.

There's the http://splashdowndivers.com/wrecks/mv_castor.htm Castor - which is way cooler than the pictures on their site. I have a more recent video (12-15-05) of the castor Here

or we could dive the Captain Tony - My Video from 2-10-06

32% would be good for Castor, while 36% would be good for the Tony.

ALSO - I would bring a flashlight, since it WILL be duskier after dive #2. We'll probably get OUT of the water around 7 or even 7:30 after the second dive... so Lynn suggested a Flashlight, and it's not a bad idea. I wouldn't go all out, and treat it like a night dive, but a light and/or glowstick would probably be good to help the captain see you after the drift.

If you're reserved, and you have a preference for the wreck... let me know, and I'll call it in by THURSDAY, so it's all square, and so that Kevin (who IS DM'ing) can prepare tanks for those that are using theirs. :D

Is that still right after the time change??? Just thinking I can't remember when it started getting dark last night. Anyway, I love it staying light later :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom